Coleridge Road School- any memories/ history of?

hi sharkw

yes i remember it well used to call in on way home from pics pavillion or ranch house (known as globe) as they always had cowboys on most of the time.happy days.

trevdnc

Hi Trevordnc. I spent most of my teenage years down Attercliffe, standing at the back of the 'Bendix' in the winter,where the steam pipes blew hot steam out and we would be chased off by old man Savage,the piano tuner who lived over his shop,when we got a little 'boistrous'

hi sharkw

yes we also used to do that.i remember old man savage.godards fruit shop rutherfords bread shop.yu remember naylors pop shop.i used to go to roller rink over top of websters market.

when we got older used to go in filesmiths amberly broughton lambpool.i lived on janson steet on corner of higgit rd.

Yes Trev I used to "frequent" those pubs + Salutation, Gate, Hilltop, Tramcar,Golden Ball ( phew the list goes on ) but going back to Coleridge road school I think we were the only school to play all their football matches away, but Coleridge Road football team was a team that was feared by all the other schools, I later went to join the Youth club and spent many a happy hour there Playing Table Tennis snooker and they had a formidable five a side footbal team of which I was proud to play for .

hi sharkw as i said ealier i left in 1959 so yu wud be about 5yrs younger than me.like yu say they had a good football team not that i was a player.when i was there they used to readout reports on the matches at assembley.surprised to know that fred knowles was still going he was getting on when i was there.remember when they used to say have half bitter in each pub from tinsley to staniforth rd.and see if yu were still standing (lol).

hi sharkw

sorry a bit late with reply,yes i remember little wonder chippy like trevordoc

used to call after pictures,what great memories you two have opened up tried all pubs

from stanifoth road to tinsley never made them all in one day.recall bendix shop with steam pipe old man savage shouting abuse about the youth of the day regards aj

hi c/lad i remember walking from carbrook school to showers.was 21yrs old before i had hot water from tap.wat memorys.ps i pm yu as i dont like useing full name on forum cheers trev

hi treverdnc

thanks for pm have replied did youknow barry renolds lived near paper shop,

next to lampool fine pint in there, also any of the bowers just round from you

would be nice to see an old class registerfrom 1954 to see a few more names

to jog the old memory caus im an old gezer now .regard aj

hi aj.sent another pm.yes i new barry his mother was a big woman i think he had a brother who was deaf not sure though.he was older than me i tnink he is about 66now.cant place the bowers but memory aint wat it was.as regards to old geezer that makes two pf us (lol)

cheers trev

hi trev

sent another, pm thats the same lad i went to school with did you know mick broughton lived by con club the one with the bowling green at rear any of the bennet of ravenswoth rd

these odd names keep comming back but as you say two old gezzers trying to remember what we did a few years ago and a mispent youth on cliffe regards aj

hi aj yes i remember mick.thanks for pm.will pm yu later as her indoors wants to know somat

cheers trev.

looking for anyone who lived on Stovin Rd. 1960-1969 or went to Coleridge road high school 1961 to 1965. I now live in Canada and trying to find a few people from my younger days.