Coleridge Road School- any memories/ history of?

Pop Naylor got me my first job as apprentice mechanic at the garage opposite too where lived on Richmond Rd Great chap

Mr Philips and Pop Naylor teachers who cared about their pupils

I thought Philips was a nutter!

He was still a good teacher and he came to one of his ex pupils 50th bash and remembered most of us there not bad for a man in is seventies

Mr Phillips was a top man to anyone interested in Football and Rugby

I was at Coleridge Road from 1946-1950,my first teacher was Fred Knowles.The woodwork teacher was Mr Middlemas,art teacher Mr Wild,music teacher Mr Naylor,geography teacher Mr Webb,history teacher Mr Fitzpatrick,he was also my last teacher there,we had a classroom in the prefab annex outside.Mr Fitzpatrick introduced rugby to the school.I remember being given the rugby ball and told to run and then he tackled me,it was like having a house fall on you.He was well built and square set and I believe was demobbed out of the army in 1945/46 and as fit as a butcher's dog.I met him again years later when he was headmaster at the Catholic School on Granville Road.Coleridge School was a better school for the likes of him teaching there.

I had two cousins that went there, Mike and Chris Bowler from March Street, I think Chris was in the same class once as former Blades captain Len Badger.

hi lindz

catching up with forum was at coleridge road school 1950/54 have tried a another thread last year on this school i would love to here from any off my old class mates the headmaster was g b thomas pop naylor mr lound lads i remember,kenny bowers mick broughton,gordon hancock doug hall,brian twig regard aj

I remember a few of the names, I went to Owler Lane instead of Coleridge (hated every minute of it) I used to knock about with Dougie Hall & Charlie Matthews from Stovin Rd, didn't Dougie come from Fitzmaurice Rd?

I lived in Fitzmaurice Road until the late fifties and remember a Raymond Hall who lived there at the same time was Dougie his younger brother.

I had two cousins that went there, Mike and Chris Bowler from March Street, I think Chris was in the same class once as former Blades captain Len Badger.

Chris was head prefect in 1959

Chris was head prefect in 1959

Thank you Robbiet, but to be head prefect didn't you have to be in the final year? also Chis' best buddy was Russel (Cuffey) Bates (Greenland Road), and the next door (March St,) neighbor was Barry Glaves.