Coleridge Road School- any memories/ history of?

Anybody out there cica 1958 - 1962 ?, be great to hear from you

hiya cliffekid.i went to coleridge road school,left in 1958,headmasters name was mr stribley, he married the headmistress from the girls school oposite.nice to talk to you.

Hi Harold, thanks for replying. I started at Coleridge in 58 and Stribley was still headteacher when I left in 62. Do you go to the reunions?.

I went to Coleridge Road girls school early 60's. I remeber Mrs Stribley and what a fantastic school it was. Best sports teams girls and boys. Did anyone go to the Youth Club as well

Hi Leeker, thanks for replying. Yeah, I used the youth club Quite a lot. Had my first Park Drive tipped there. Did you ever go to the Playcentre at Carbrook School?.

No. Came from Clement St too far to travel in those days. Going to Carbrook was equivalent to going to Barnsley today. Went to Barnidiston Road dance tho' did you. Nearly as good as the mojo ha ha

hiya cliffekid, yes been to one reunien,but i missed this years,would you believe,i forgot about it.harold

hiya cliffekid,been to one reunien,would you believe i missed 2005 forgot about it,what month do thy have it, and is it still in the bankers draft.regards harold

Hi Harold, sorry for the delay Am currently waiting for confimation of this years reunion dates but am expecting them to be held in the Bankers

Hi Leeker, Sorry for delay in reply, Fraid I never went to that neck of the woods and still cant dance to save my life. My sister went to the girls school and used to talk about a flat there?.

my Dad went to coleridge school but he would have left in the early 50's. My uncle would have still been there late 50's.

My husband attended Coleridge Boys School from 1946-1952, and played both Cricket and Rugby Touch for the school. He was in the Cup winning side for Rugby Touch in ?1948 ( teacher was Mr. Fitzpatrick) along with Alan Nuttall; Ray Parkinson; Terry Clark; Sid Bond; Dennis Hull and a couple more.He would love to hear of any of his classmates from that era.