Coleridge Road School- any memories/ history of?

Hi Harold, thanks for replying. I started at Coleridge in 58 and Stribley was still headteacher when I left in 62. Do you go to the reunions?.

my brother and sister went to Coleridge rd Sylvia and Albert Edge

Oh I would love to go to our old school reunion, sounds like a lot of fun and seeing old faces once again. Hope you do see Ronnie again and able to mention me to him.

i wendy not spoke to you since we talked on friends united , when jack driver told me you been on , its dave e.u remember love, ronnies wife val died, sorry to say, hope you keeping ok and john.bye 4 now love'

Hello,

I currently work for an organisation based within the old Coleridge Road School (location- http://bit.ly/deOTWV) and would love to know some more information about it.

(Other threads on here just seem to be people who have gone there wanting to meeting each other. )

So does anyone who went there have any good stories or memories? Could tell me what it was like there back in the day? Give me a history of the building?

Or would any one like to know what it is like today? It currently houses a care centre for adults with autism (plus 2 other organisations) and is a well loved building.

Pictures would be even more appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jenni

I use to play football on the fields @ the rear of this building as a 8 year old kid on wards over 40 odd years ago.The building was then derelict it was often thought by us kids then that it was haunted & the said ghost was called Algie (not sure of the spelling).We once entered the building & played in the gym there that still housed most of the equipment but we got chased off by the caretaker ( we never went in there again)Later it was a youth club in the early 1970's .Facilities available were football ,snooker,darts,table tennis, weight lifting etc.I personally played football for them & it was one of the first to house a floodlite all weather pitch ( now in disrepair ).The last time I looked the building looked in a sorry state but I have fond memories of the place.

Good luck in finding more info on the building

Thank you so much for the lovely memories.

Other than the car park and the all weather pitches, the building is well looked after and much loved- we have planted lots of trees around and made a sensory garden for our service users plus a polly tunnel to grow vegetables.

I heard there was a fire several years ago, but the building has been completely refurbished and looks very smart now.

HI Jen

I went to Coleridge road from 1062 to 1966. I have really wonderful memories from my time there. I went to Phillimore road juniors before Coleridge and befor we moved up to the seniors we had to write an essay, I titled mine The Ghost Of Coleridge Road as we as kids were always told that the school was haunted. Mr Stribley the headmaster made me read out my essay and afterwards gave 2 bob ha ha. great times great friends that I am still in contact with. Great memories.

My name is George Stevens in case anyone remembers me

hi my dad went to coleridge his name is geoffery cutts he would have left in the 50s anyone remember him ?

Hi lindz, I remeber your Dad, we were inthe same class

that great whats your name and il tel im

Hi Lindz. I remember your dad I have a photo of him in colridge football team 1951/52. I was in the year above him I am Roy Brown lived in Carbrook

I went to Colleridge Road and a boy in my class was Jack Cutts,could be some relation.It's the reunion at the Bankers Draft this weekend.

yes jack is my uncle and there was mick cutts and cath i would bring them to bankers draft bt what we the weather and dad nt been too clever and just geting back on is feet but i will mension you to im whats your name