Coleridge Road School- any memories/ history of?

I don't know of any "Coleridge Road High School" in Sheffield, but there is definitely a considerable thread, elsewhere on the forum ("google" it in the search facility on the left of the page!) about a school called Coleridge Road Secondary Modern, in the Attercliffe /Darnall area, where my mother and her two sisters went.

Thanks for the info...I will check it out as that sounds like the school.

i went to coleridge rd left in 1959.i remember thomas headmaster fred knowles.phillips.wild. pop naylor.i lived on janson street below lambpool pub.cheers trev

do you have a brother called stuart and did you live on the corner of higgitt road?

Any one on here go to Coleridge road school in the 60's. I was in Miss Elstons class....anyone remember her?

My mother was there in the 1950's, and one of my aunts left about 1959/60, the other about 1962.

Mrs Alflat was one of my mother's teachers in her time there. Mrs Alflat latterly taught at Sharrow Lane School, and also ended up teaching me when I was a child.

Hi. I was at Coleridge road school from 1963 to 1966 untill it closed down

Trevordnc

How long did you live at the Lampool Pub at the end of Janson st i lived in Ravensworth Rd, i left Coleridge Rd School in 1951 iUsed to use the side door with a couple of mates and have a couple of halves and we pretended to be half P____d it was great fun standing under the old gas lamp swaying about then into the Herbal shop round the corner for a vimto ext with a fag on, and that was after we had deliverd the Star

cheers DTM

I was at coleridge rd, left in 1964 Good times, anybody remember Little Wembly near ranskill rd, my mate Alan Blades from Janson St just below Lambpool [hope Ive spelt that right] dont know whats happened to him. Anyone want to jog the memary email me on hrowls@hotmail.co.uk

I went tp Coleridge Road secondry modern school and whilst I was there it changed to Coleridge Rd High School. I didnt live on Stovin ,I lived at the top of Stovin ( Freeborogh St" ) I used take papers down Stovin and March St

Hi atlex48, we must have gone to school at the same time as it did change from Secondary Modern to a High School while I was there. My Grandmother lived at the top of Freeborough Street for a while.

who was ypur Grandmother Smithy I was born and lived in the top yard till they pulled the houses down. Our house was the last house standing. I knew nearly everyone on Stovin Road

My Grandmother was Annie (Nancy) Saterthwaite. She did not live there very long and sold the house to my brother in law Alan Smith and his wife Christine.