Tesco Abbeydale Road - expansion

does anybody know when the tesco on abbeydale road will be open again?

i'm assuming they're finishing off the expansion they've been doing for ages but i can't find anything on the tesco site about it...

cheers dude. how much bigger is it now then?

For all the upheaval, it aint that much bigger and most of the stuff is still in the same place

For all the upheaval, it aint that much bigger and most of the stuff is still in the same place

That's what happened when they expanded the one on Ecclesall Road.I don't think that they widened the food range merely made more space for DVD's Phones etc.

its not too much bigger but man its bright! they seem to have tiny suns on the ceiling instead of the usual florescent light bulbs... :cool:

i was going to do some filming inside the "new look" tesco and post on the net. for whatever reason though tesco are not too keen on people filming in their stores. when i was told to stop filming i did so but it is quite strange how they don't like us to film them but they are always keen to film their customers on cctv.

I've been twice today, once this lunch time and I drove in and then straight back out because it looked mega busy. Went again at 8pm and it was still very busy. You're right about it being too bright - I wanted to put my shades on! Come the Christmas rush it's going to be hell in there when queuing for the till because there is hardly any room between the end of the aisles and the front of the checkout.

I'll be glad when they get organised as I haven't had a food delivery sent right from Tescos on Abbeydale Rd since they started expanding!

Which tesco on abbeydale rd is this?

The one near Millhouses Park.