Newbie.. sort of

so, i used to fish with the old man about 14 years ago so im like a total newbie again. ive dug some old gear out, got some bait and looking to do a spot of maggot drowning tomorrow. I live at stannington and wanting to fish somewhere fairly local.

Anyone reccomend anything? will have my 13yr old nephew with me too.

Thanks

hi mate and welcome, i dont know how far u are wanting to drive but barlow fishing pondsat barlow (nr dronfield) are good for someone like yourself i.e just startin off, the second pond has a great mix of fish in i.e roach, rudd, bream, chub, carp etc but there are 4 ponds to choose from but i like the 2nd one plus there is a great little cafe on site plus toilets, i will prob be going my self tomoro

hold on a mo first try cow gap farm (just up the road )from you , its small and there are a good variety of fish :D or drop down into loxley and fish at Marshall's

old brick yard(now renamed loxley fisheries) or go towards malin br to mill dam (just down dark lane), these all all small ponds that are within a couple of miles of stannington so if you get cold :gag:fed up :mad:or just wet :(!!!!!!!! you aint got all that way to drive :rolleyes::hihi:

thanks guys. I only just noticed the sign today for cow gap farm! i ended up at rivelin and had a couple of what i think were small roach. Not much but i did enjoy gettin the tackle out and everything started coming back!!

Nah then Drabble, didnt know u was in to fishing lol

Edited by Liam_J_Kelk

i have to agree with chuggster , from where u are loxley fisheries is you best pond its got a good head of carp n barble n loads of silver fish ,just check what pegs are available when matches are on

barlow ponds would be best, where i started off nice ponds too, also you can have the top pond for 20 quid i think but only 4 people can fish that at once, but its very hard fishing the top pond apprently and the other ponds are a fiver for as many rods as you want out :)

i think barlow might of changed sinc u was there last kieron, as u can only have 2 rods for a fiver sinc iv known and iv never heard about the top pond been rented out, i know the farmer at bradleys ponds at ford bottom does the top pond for 20quid for 4 people, u sure u ant got mixed up with that one mate? thats not a bad place to fish also

haha i ment bradleys :hihi:

aswell as to my post on 'fishing buddie' only fished bradleys

sorryy thats cause i was talking about barlow last night to my mate :cool: