The ferret lovers thread

we`d give you all the help u need and there is my forum which is good as members there will help to moonbird has phil a really old guy and i dont think moon bird will ever part with him

I wouldn't know how to look after one!

Philip is really great PrioryLady and I didn't know too much about ferrets when I got him so he has been my learner ferret, I'm ashamed to say I was scared of him when he first came :blush: but now I understand him a lot better and am never scared to pick him up and handle him.

We definitely have an understanding now, Phil is so funny he has me in stitches with his antics he is really easy to care for and doesn't cost much at all, he just loves Human company and follows me around like a little dog :)

can you have ferrets and cats?

do you keep them in hutches, cages etc

My son loves the idea of having a ferret, I'm less sure

Well I have a ferret with cats and dogs, Phil does run free in the house with them all, I do have to watch them though as when he first came he would nip them (ferrets play a bit like dogs do by nipping and rolling about, they are like puppies in a way) they are all used to each other now but I am careful as Phil is small.

Phil's best friend is my kitten Meg, they take it in turn to chase each other up and down the garden or round things :hihi:

I keep phil outside in a hutch as being an un neutered male he can smell a bit but its not too bad if you keep them clean, females and neutered males don't smell so much and lots of people do keep them in the house, but Phil is to old to be done now and he does seem happy enough outside, he loves his warm bed.

They really are intelligent, funny and entertaining pets and kind of spoil you for other small animals as they are so different and interactive.

they cah live in normal rabbit hutches or indoor cages ( i have 2 indoor cages for sale ) i have dogs and cats and they have an understandig lol if you want to pop down see a few and handle them see how you get on or contact sezbets as she runs the other rescue. As i said before we will help with any issues

As most people will know A hissing ferret can be an unhappy or angry ferret.But i was just wondering has anyone found theres have changed it around for attension lol.

Mine has decided its a great way of telling you he wants to go out for a poop climbs up at door and starts hissing :hihi:

As most people will know A hissing ferret can be an unhappy or angry ferret.But i was just wondering has anyone found theres have changed it around for attension lol.

Mine has decided its a great way of telling you he wants to go out for a poop climbs up at door and starts hissing :hihi:

That Rambo...he's a right un isn't he? :hihi:

I think that I hear Phil hiss occasionally but I am never quite sure, he has done it when I made him jump while he was playing in the garden and once when I trod on his tail oops :hihi: but the sound was so low I was never quite sure that I really heard it, when Phil wants to poo he just gets on with it hmm :D

Do any of you use your ferrets for rabbiting?

miss having a ferret house smells a lot fresher :(:loopy:<me lol

Do any of you use your ferrets for rabbiting?

Nope dont believe in it sorry