The ferret lovers thread

That Rambo...he's a right un isn't he? :hihi:

I think that I hear Phil hiss occasionally but I am never quite sure, he has done it when I made him jump while he was playing in the garden and once when I trod on his tail oops :hihi: but the sound was so low I was never quite sure that I really heard it, when Phil wants to poo he just gets on with it hmm :D

Thats only problem never learn do they always under your feet.He yelps if yo tread on his tail mind you he thinks he,s a dog so im not supprised one bit.Think i would only be in total shock if he barked though :hihi:

Quite some years ago I kept ferrets and loved them - they are such underestimated animals and with a largely unfounded bad reputation.

I would have them again except for the smell - even regularly bathed neutered hobs and jills are still more than a bit whiffy.

However, I understand that it is common in the US for ferrets are to be kept as house pets because vets over there will readily remove musk glands.

Does anybody have knowledge of this in the UK? Are there vets in the Sheffield area with experience of de-musking ferrets, or is it not a practice that would be recommended?

vets in uk will not de musk ferrets we offer castration and spays at the rescues which helps alot

Quite some years ago I kept ferrets and loved them - they are such underestimated animals and with a largely unfounded bad reputation.

I would have them again except for the smell - even regularly bathed neutered hobs and jills are still more than a bit whiffy.

However, I understand that it is common in the US for ferrets are to be kept as house pets because vets over there will readily remove musk glands.

Does anybody have knowledge of this in the UK? Are there vets in the Sheffield area with experience of de-musking ferrets, or is it not a practice that would be recommended?

No like Jeddi said they dont remove cent glands in UK.

My indoor one has no smell what so ever.Only tihng she smells of is old newspaper lol.Mainly because she gets cleaned out 3 times a day and needs less bedding.

no wonder he ran off, "lickle man" .....

He's a ferret he can't read :hihi:

By the way masked swearing is breaking the forum rules.

He's a ferret he can't read :hihi:

By the way masked swearing is breaking the forum rules.

lol wmsl ok.

i have a regular supply of fresh meat ie carcusses for anyone who has ferrets way to much for me andd sarah if anyone wants some contact me

saw moonbird today with philip and boy has he changed and looks alot better so today phil has a friend with him so lets hope he and moonbird are happy lol

no wonder he ran off, "lickle man" **edit**?

hillarious

for those who want to know who moonbird has now its coco the pr ferret. She has gone to live with phil and gill and her hubby and from what im hearing coco is making her self at home already lol. Coco will still be doing pr events then returning ti moonbirds lol