Gutter/downpipe cleaning, repair/replacement MEGATHREAD no jobs/quotes

if its just gutters £220 all in 07913010534 gary

bloody hell....thats a lot

thanks all - I've taken a quote of £230 with a bit of down pipe replaced - I rang round for quotes - some clint eastwood offered to 'do a deal' for £600!

when I said the others were all around £250, he was deeply offended and blamed the poles - I wouldn't let him foster rotherham children.

I have had back and front gutters replaced recently and one things for sure you can't get an accurate quote over the phone as they have to figure out wether or not a scaffold is needed!

To scaffold up to a "normal terraced house" would cost around £200 .Is the gutter joined to neighbours gutter at one or both ends as is usually the case? Quoting over the phone how does the joiner know whether the gutter he has to join to is rotten or not in order to make a succesful watertight joint.Is he bitumening the inside (3 coats) and priming,undercoating and glossing the outside.Is it 5" or 7" gutter and is he using tanalised gutter. If he is VAT registered £600 is nearer the mark for a "proper" job.

no need for a scaffold it's a ladder job no a public hanging - the bloke I took on came round and assessed the price (plastic gutter same as next door) exactly in line with the guide price on the website.

Thats fair enough then but I still maintain you can't get an accurate quote over the phone.

When you said "normal terraced house" I assumed wooden gutter 7" on the front,5" on the back,like it should have. It should be scaffolded up to though.Health and safety you know.

Hi. Wondering if anyone knew of a handyman that could clear our gutters and repair a roof tile that came off in the recent winds.

We're a private rental house, but the landlord has given us the go ahead to find somebody to do the jobs for him.

If you know of anybody or you can give me a quote yourself, please leave contact details.

Thank you :)

Hi! Just sent you a pm :)

My boyfriend will happily give you a competitive price for both items of work. Call Scott on 07927 492850.

Thank you. We'll call later today :)