Learning English in Sheffield?

I am looking to learn this Sheffield English Accent and also improve my writing skills in English.

Can anyone suggest me the best way to learn writing and speaking in English.

Are there any good tutors in Sheffield? Ofcourse economical..

Thanks

You might want to try talking to the Student Union at Sheffield University (not Hallam*) and see if they can help you get in contact with someone who wants to offer a quid pro quo... ie: they help with your English and you help them with your language.

There's a department in the University that deals specifically with this sort of thing... Modern Languages Teaching Center (I think) so perhaps that will help...

Good luck

:)

Originally posted by Martin_s

You might want to try talking to the Student Union at Sheffield University (not Hallam*)

Why thankyou. :evil:

Whoops... Sorry that wasn't an anti-Hallam comment... I mean't that I ONLY know about the facility at Sheffield Uni... If Hallam has one then please say...

Sorrrrrrryyy :)

Thanks Martin...

I am working and so can't attend Uni during the day time. Looking something in the evennings or weekends.

There should be some courses from Council isn't it.

Thanks

Originally posted by Martin_s

Whoops... Sorry that wasn't an anti-Hallam comment... I mean't that I ONLY know about the facility at Sheffield Uni... If Hallam has one then please say...

Sorrrrrrryyy :)

I would have thought most universities have some sort of scheme.

Local libraries usually have information on English as a second language or ask at Citizens Advice Bureau.

Originally posted by Sidla

I would have thought most universities have some sort of scheme.

There's a difference between "thinking" that something exists and knowing... I KNOW that such a scheme exists at Sheffield Uni'...

Now if you know that Hallam has such a scheme I'm sure it'd be appreciated if you posted up what there is there.

Ta.

Originally posted by vkrishv

I am looking to learn this Sheffield English Accent and also improve my writing skills in English.

Can anyone suggest me the best way to learn writing and speaking in English.

Sheffield accent / improving English writing skills

A sort of oxymoron!