Real ale pubs in the peaks

Any recommendations? Need to find the best places. What does CAMRA recommend? ::help:

Edited by jemson

Stables bar at the Monsal Head Hotel normally has a choice of 3 or 4 real ales

I've had Doombar at the Castle in Castleton before now - they do do other real ales, but this is one we don't see too often so far north...

I've had Doombar at the Castle in Castleton before now - they do do other real ales, but this is one we don't see too often so far north...

Doom Bar is my favourite, it's about to come on at the Royal Standard on St Marys Road soon :D

Any particular part of the Peak District?

Red Lion at Litton and Anglers Rest at Millers Dale both good.

You need to get hold of a copy of CAMRA's Peak District Pub Walks http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=peak. Loads of great ideas for exploring the area with three or four decent pubs on each route. As an example, there is a walk around Bradfield calling in at the Old Horns Inn, the Plough Inn and the Nag's Head. Favourites that I can also recommend include the Cheshire Cheese near Hope, the Flying Childers Inn in Stanton-in-Peak and the Red Lion in Litton.