Has The Police Chopper Been Grounded??

It's my view that using a helicopter to catch joy riders is a complete waste of police resources.

hope its been sold ,its just a big boys toy ,very expensive toy at that

instead of knocking the torries for the cuts that they are doing ,does anyone not think that the labour party could just be to blame for the miss management of the ecomomy and country for the last number of years ,or are people blinkered to that fact and could be a little worried that the benefits might be at risk from now on .

I do hope the heli has been grounded to save money and lets also get rid of a few of the high powered motors the police have ,all brand new and very expensive

instead of knocking the torries for the cuts that they are doing ,does anyone not think that the labour party could just be to blame

yeah you could do. But you could also remember the eighties. You know when the evil witch otherwise known as thatcher the milk snatcher, devastated all the heavy engineering in this part of the world.

The tories, then as now, with no regard for anyone but themselves and their upperclass twits brought in an industrialist to "run" british steel (into the ground as it happended). Who was this person, Ian MacGregor... AN AMERICAN..!!

Not content with destroying British Steel, he was then appointed chairman of the National Coal Board..!! guess what happened next.. ah yes the british coal industry also went to the wall.. (ironic that now the country depends on overpriced gas from overseas..) and now that the eastern european countries no longer subsidise their coal to undercut the UK, the price of coal has risen to the point whereby its actualy worth digging it out the ground again now..! (maltby pit is doing very well thank you)

But of course, the wicked witch maggie was intent on bringing down the miners, regardless of the consequences to the North.

Labour are indeed, it would appear, guilty of gross mismanagement of the country. But they are no better or worse for this than than the tories. It will only be a matter of time before the government ministers all have non-executive directorships of companies, succesfully bidding for government contracts and have their noses well and truly buried in the trough, AGAIN.

People have short memories and seem to forget how utterly despicable the working class get treated by the tories. Sadly we never learn, and while ever only a third of the population can be a**sed to vote, we never will.

Personally, when thatcher finally pops her clogs I will dance in the street for what she did to my family and my community, and if they dare to give her a state funeral, I will be there to yell out a huge BOOOOOO as they go past. Why, because I do remember.

So perhaps if the conservatives had managed the economy better during their last term, we wouldnt be a nation of shoppers, shopkeepers, cleaners and public sector workers. We may have continued to have the industrial power we once had, whereby we were innovative and productive, the rival if not the better of any country in the world, and stronger economicaly for it.

As for cops having expensive toys ...??

well that pretty much demonstartes the depth of knowledge..

I wonder what that poster does for a living...

yeah you could do. But you could also remember the eighties. You know when the evil witch otherwise known as thatcher the milk snatcher, devastated all the heavy engineering in this part of the world.

The tories, then as now, with no regard for anyone but themselves and their upperclass twits brought in an industrialist to "run" british steel (into the ground as it happended). Who was this person, Ian MacGregor... AN AMERICAN..!!

Not content with destroying British Steel, he was then appointed chairman of the National Coal Board..!! guess what happened next.. ah yes the british coal industry also went to the wall.. (ironic that now the country depends on overpriced gas from overseas..) and now that the eastern european countries no longer subsidise their coal to undercut the UK, the price of coal has risen to the point whereby its actualy worth digging it out the ground again now..! (maltby pit is doing very well thank you)

But of course, the wicked witch maggie was intent on bringing down the miners, regardless of the consequences to the North.

Labour are indeed, it would appear, guilty of gross mismanagement of the country. But they are no better or worse for this than than the tories. It will only be a matter of time before the government ministers all have non-executive directorships of companies, succesfully bidding for government contracts and have their noses well and truly buried in the trough, AGAIN.

People have short memories and seem to forget how utterly despicable the working class get treated by the tories. Sadly we never learn, and while ever only a third of the population can be a**sed to vote, we never will.

Personally, when thatcher finally pops her clogs I will dance in the street for what she did to my family and my community, and if they dare to give her a state funeral, I will be there to yell out a huge BOOOOOO as they go past. Why, because I do remember.

So perhaps if the conservatives had managed the economy better during their last term, we wouldnt be a nation of shoppers, shopkeepers, cleaners and public sector workers. We may have continued to have the industrial power we once had, whereby we were innovative and productive, the rival if not the better of any country in the world, and stronger economicaly for it.

You express your feelings very eloquently,i enjoyed reading your post.

MILO .... all I can say in the words of our wise PMs (NOT) is ..."here, here" harumph , harumph... paper waving in agreement, I remember the 80s all too well , here we go again.:gag:

The main man Med Hughes said on the news today that it's probablt on it's way out and West / South Yorkshire if not more forces will share just one helicopter! Well done tories!
That way Labour can't claim to have grounded it themselves, finally peace and quiet. Finally no more "Manor Estate" on Police shows on the beeb. This should never have been started, so much money ploughed into reactive policing when it should have been preventive.

That way Labour can't claim to have grounded it themselves, finally peace and quiet. Finally no more "Manor Estate" on Police shows on the beeb. This should never have been started, so much money ploughed into reactive policing when it should have been preventive.

Robert Peel will be spinning in his grave.

If you remember the 80's you must also remember what labour did through the 90's and 2000's??

Much worse IMO.

If you remember the 80's you must also remember what labour did through the 90's and 2000's??

Much worse IMO.

Clearly you don't remember the 80s in Sheffield to dismiss them so lightly.

There will still be a police helicopter, not based in Sheffield but shared and operated out of Hull from Humberside Airport.

it has a cloaking device now.

devised very cleverly by the clingons,obviously works then.

also sponsered by vanish who pay toward its upkeep,although for some reason iv never spotted the logo,or the copperchopper since.....mystery:huh:

Its spelt with a K you racist biggot!!!!

KAPLA!!!