How many of you voted Conservative and will now lose your jobs??

I thought that if you have to go bankrupt, it means you haven't got the wealth to pay off your debts!!!

exactly..you've got it in one...just shows how much debt,as a country, we have doesn't it...

This is what always amazes me about the Tories, their propaganda is so good they manage to convince people to sacrifice their futiures for the good of the economy, Thatcher used the same arguments in the 1980's .. and what was good about that?

I remember it far to well. Lot of peoples' lives destroyed - mainly young people. It would be interesting to know the general stats for Tory voters in Sheffield. Many seem to be too young to remember the eighties or people who lived in more affluant areas than Sheffield at the time. It is heartbreaking that many of the people who struggled to get back into work because of a more challenging family circumstance, long term unemployment, sickness or disability, many still on lower incomes are going to have the rug pulled out from under them again.

It all depends how much your liabilities are......if you're spending way above your means you can have loads of money but still go bankrupt....

So, then, you can't class yourself as rich surely. If I earn a million pounds a year, but I live a life that is costing me far more, am I rich?.... NO!

You can't be rich if you're living beyond your means!!! It HAS to be paid back!!!

In essence I would have gone further than thay did and also looked at money to the European Union and also foreign aid (But thats just me)

No it's not just you. I think you'll find most Conservative voters and those who once were Conservative voters would agree with you. We don't have a Conservative government however. Even if Cameron had won outright I doubt we'd have had a true Conservative government either.

I would be joining if I knew When/Where they take part? E-Mail?

Would you change your vote if you could?.

Did you expect the dole queue to be your reward for your vote?.

Will you be joining the demonstrations and marches against these measures.

HER HER. I've been thinking the same:hihi:

You can't be rich if you're living beyond your means!!! It HAS to be paid back!!!

You're right but I suspect most people think of being rich as having lots of cash/assets and don't think of the debts....I suppose being classed as fifth richest means there are only four less worse off than you.....could just as well be classed as 150th poorest... :)

There have been 300,000 private sector jobs created over the last quarter apparently..

In McDonalds?

Where will the money come from to pay the exta half a million dole applicants and their families?.

Tax rises for everyone else, probably?

x

Have to put my hand up and say "yes I voted Conservative" and "yes I am a public sector worker".

Will I demonstarte against the losses, no I won't as although unfortunate (for me and others) the cuts are needed (for the good of the countries economy).

Who knows what the cuts would have been if either Labour or the Liberals (Solely) had been in power, Labour had said 20% so it may have been worse but we will never know, it's easy to criticse the cuts and as always happens in Sheffield "Blame the tories" but who got us to this point? Yes some will say it's all the bankers fault but who regulated them?

Will I end up on the dole queue ? who knows but such is life at least my children will not be left with the debts incurred from a decade of poor government. As we all know you cannot spend what you don't have, let's now hope that message get's through to the Labour Party who make quite a habbit every time they are in power of screwing up our economy.

I wish all public sector workers the best for the trying years ahead, it may seem doom and gloom now but bringing the country to a stand still with industrial action will help neither the ecountries economy recovery or the good people of Sheffield

The spending review is the Conservatives plan to cut the deficit.

There will still be a deficit.

The debt will be higher.

The interest on the debt will be higher.

A simple analogy would be a man earning £20k NET after tax. With a debt of £100k, and spending of £25k.

He will reduce his spending a bit each year to reach £24k in the fourth and work harder so he can earn £21k.

His debt will be much higher, but the amount he borrows to fund his lifestyle will be less. The interest on his debt will be increasing.

In 4 years he will have a debt greater than 100k and he'll still be borrowing.

Thank you Catherine. Forgive the intrusion but I am "not allowed to reply privately"