Wards at jessops!

Hey everyone I'm due my first baby on wednesday and just wanted some advice from mums that have already given birth.

After labour are you transfered to a ward in accordance with your postcode?

My BIL is a big snob and says that they were placed on a ward where only S8 people had given birth???? personally I find this crazy and very hard to believe:loopy::loopy: I work as a nurse and know there is no kind of system for patients in hospital but it did make me wonder about after you give birth. I'm sure its not true and just his way of trying to feel better about himself but wanted to ask anyway.

Personally I can't see it working . what do they say if you are in labour and you have a postcode that has a full ward " gonna have to close your legs love and wait until we can discharge some people before we can let you in".

Can peoplem please let me know there experiences so that when I next see the BIL I can let himknow what a snob he is!!:suspect:

Firstly congrats!

When my wife gave birth on both occasions we were taken in to the ward when she was ready and it was just a ward. I never saw anything about post code. I believe it's all crap ignore it.

Thanks, I thought it would be he is full of similar crap statements!

I thought it was based on where you lived too but have actually spent time in both Rivelin and Concord whilst living at the same address so I'd say it goes on availability

We were put in different wards for both our daughters and were told by the midwife that it was because we had moved address, from S9 to S8!

Don't think it really matters, everyone in there is in the same boat, going through the same thing!!!

It is supposed to be postcode based but in reality you go where there is Space. But who cares a ward is a ward and care is care and people are people and babies are babies and so on.

It goes on your gp's postcode or so I was told by jessops.

it is based on your postcode however if they are full on that ward itsgenerally concorde you end up being put on. and to be honest it does matter because some wards are full of kids having kids which isnt very good because theres screaming babies and buzzers all night as they dont wanna get up and feed the baby so press the buzzer. Harsh to say but Rivelin is a nice ward but concorde was awful. push for a private room if you have to stay in .

Yeah it's GP's postcode. It's to do with continuity of care from your midwife team not for any other reason.

there is a ward for women who have had c-sections, an antenatal ward for women either in early labour or being kept in for observation and then regular post natal wards. At busy times you could be admitted to any of them, but as a general rule patients are catagorised in the above way.

Congratulations and good luck Em xxx

it is based on your postcode however if they are full on that ward itsgenerally concorde you end up being put on. and to be honest it does matter because some wards are full of kids having kids which isnt very good because theres screaming babies and buzzers all night as they dont wanna get up and feed the baby so press the buzzer. Harsh to say but Rivelin is a nice ward but concorde was awful. push for a private room if you have to stay in .

How do you work that out? :confused:

Dont wanna get up and feed the baby? :hihi: Yeah, if only it was a push of the button and someone else would feed the babys haha!

As far as I know, you are supposed to go on the ward that matches your post code.