23 Bar and Restaurant, opinions please?

It's one of the things I miss most since I left. A great bar with a great atmosphere and top quality food.

I'm just surptised no one has turned up and started calling it pretentious and full of ten bob millionaires just because it sets itself as aslightly more upmarket venue.

another restaurant going to the wall ,a great venue food and drinks but a victim of this robbing council ,struggling to survive and no help from the city councils,shameful

another restaurant going to the wall ,a great venue food and drinks but a victim of this robbing council ,struggling to survive and no help from the city councils,shameful

Where did you get this information from?

eerrrr from the man himself ,telling me only 2 wks ago he's had enough and will be closing the doors soon as bills arent getting paid as the councils restricted his licence yet again,

eerrrr from the man himself ,telling me only 2 wks ago he's had enough and will be closing the doors soon as bills arent getting paid as the councils restricted his licence yet again,

Well 'falcon' you are not helping his business by posting this sort of information, we were considering a group christmas booking, but the risk of a lost deposit now means we look elswhere.

Well 'falcon' you are not helping his business by posting this sort of information, we were considering a group christmas booking, but the risk of a lost deposit now means we look elswhere.

so would you have preffered to have lost any deposit and start shouting about why nobody mentioned it,i say you pays your money you take your chance,ask if they will accept mimimal deposit like £2.oo perhead no big loss that way

this is really interesting to me, as I have also booked a Christmas doo on the 16th - I sent an email 2 weeks ago about menu choices, no reply... sent another last week and left 2 ansaphone messages, still no reply. I called this morning and the ansaphone isn't on it just rings out.....

so i clicked on the link in my favourites and the website is down.....

I was contemplating a walk up when the rain subsides, does anyone know for definite whether it's closed? If not, I will call on my way home & let you know if there is a notice on the door tomorrow.

this is really interesting to me, as I have also booked a Christmas doo on the 16th - I sent an email 2 weeks ago about menu choices, no reply... sent another last week and left 2 ansaphone messages, still no reply. I called this morning and the ansaphone isn't on it just rings out.....

so i clicked on the link in my favourites and the website is down.....

I was contemplating a walk up when the rain subsides, does anyone know for definite whether it's closed? If not, I will call on my way home & let you know if there is a notice on the door tomorrow.

the risk factor of not getting alternative booking so near xmax is too great ,by no responses it is quite obvious the writings on the wall,but all you doubting thomas's i'll speak to you after xmas when disappointment will possibly be the flavour of the posts

Dear All,

Thanks for all the positive post, 23 business is currently at its best following the 2 year recession. There has been no issue regarding licensing.

And currently in discussion regarding a refurbishment taking place in the New Year.

Once again thanks for your custom, hope to see you over the christmas spell

23 x

Dear All,

Thanks for all the positive post, 23 business is currently at its best following the 2 year recession. There has been no issue regarding licensing.

And currently in discussion regarding a refurbishment taking place in the New Year.

23 x

:banana::D:banana::D:banana::D:banana:

Oh goody!

I would have been gutted, having only just discovered your amazing Sunday roasts for the first time the other week!

thank goodness for that - I started to panic yesterday, so glad all is well.

Dear All,

23 x

if you're that confident you shouldnt take deposits off people then or take say £2 per head then if the unseen circumstances that walnut /nonnas/and a few others like rafters come along people wont be that out of pocket ,i for one have had some great food in there but i have to tell it as it is

if you're that confident you shouldnt take deposits off people then or take say £2 per head then if the unseen circumstances that walnut /nonnas/and a few others like rafters come along people wont be that out of pocket ,i for one have had some great food in there but i have to tell it as it is

What utter twaddle! :loopy:

Have you ever booked a Christmas party? I book our staff party every year and I can firmly say I know of NOWHERE that doesn't insist on a deposit.