23 Bar and Restaurant, opinions please?

Hi all,

Im in charge of the works christmas party this year... I've booked 23 Bar and Restaurant, West One Plaza. We are having a three course meal on the Friday 17th costing £30 per head, which i this very reasonable. The plan is eat upstairs in the restaurant, then go downstairs have cocktails, and a dance the night away.

Can i have your opinions? Has anyone done this before.

Look forward to your comments, x

Hi all,

Im in charge of the works christmas party this year... I've booked 23 Bar and Restaurant, West One Plaza. We are having a three course meal on the Friday 17th costing £30 per head, which i this very reasonable. The plan is eat upstairs in the restaurant, then go downstairs have cocktails, and a dance the night away.

Can i have your opinions? Has anyone done this before.

Look forward to your comments, x

Haven't been for Christmas dinner, but I've been in the restaurant and bar several times and never had a bad word to say about it.

Bar isn't the cheapest, but its always a good atmosphere and everyone is friendly enough.

I've eaten at bar23 and been in there on a night out and enjoyed them both, i would recommend it for your Christmas do.

I took 20 colleagues there last december for our dinner - the restuarant was packed so tight it was uncomfortable, there was also a poor artio of staff to punters, as a result and in spite of pre-ordering service was *very* slow, food was great though.

Thanks for your comments,

Me and My partner went to check it out last Sunday, 2 courses for 12.95.

We shared the "famous" thai fish cake,

i had the lamb he had the Beef, it was lovely, came with lots of Veg, Homemade Roasties and Yorkshire. i was stuffed!!

but couldnt resist the White Chocolate and Marshmellow Cheesecake for pudding. YUM YUM YUM!!

Well Worth A Try Guys, The partner thinks of him self as a bit of a chef and can be a massive critic, he wasn't complaining!!! Thanks 23 for an enjoyable meal.

Can i ask you, what date you went MWH?? popular night maybe...

Cant wait for my Xmas Dinner Now!!

I love the thai fishcake there- its very very good indeed!

Their Sunday dinner is the best in the city. In my humble opinion.

Their Sunday dinner is the best in the city. In my humble opinion.

Agreed! We went yesterday and had it for the first time (I've eaten there before but not for Sunday Roast)

Oh. My. God! :love:

I'm still daydreaming about how amazing it was! Definitely the best Roast I've had for a long time :love:

I chose beef and it was so succulent - beautifully charred on the outside and rare in the middle... hmmm perfect! There was LOTS of it too; way too much for me to finish (and I am very greedy!)

All of the accompaniments were top notch too. I much prefer it when you've got a big platter of vegetables to choose between & share around, than when loads of stuff is squashed in on your plate. We had a platter of brocolli & carrots; a platter of roast potatoes & roast parsnips; and a bowl of cauliflower cheese.

The only thing that wasn't to my taste was that there was a hint of stilton in the cauliflower cheese - but I would imagine that most people would see this as a bonus ;)

The whole thing was amazing value - 2 courses for £12.95.

The portions were so generous that we couldn't finish all the meat, so the lovely waitress wrapped it up in tinfoil for our dog - he will be dining like a king for a few days :hihi:

All in all I can't recommend the place enough - I'm sure you'll have a fab Christmas Dinner there :)

NOTE: For those who prefer their meat destroyed (sorry - 'well done' :gag:) it will probably be too rare for you so maybe best to mention that when ordering. Or go to a Toby Carvery...

Me and the other half went with another couple early this year and used some vouchers from the Sheffield Unleashed book.

Bar man was spot on. He made us a cocktail based on what we liked, talked us through the origins and so on, all interesting stuff. The bar was not busy so he had time for us, but still great first impression.

We got our drinks and were seated by the waitress. She was very polite even though she had to come back 3 times for our order as one of us could not decide what to have.

Food was excellent, piping hot and well presented. There were only a few other couples in the restaurant but again can't fault the food. Side portions were very ample, I ended up finishing some potatoes as there were too many :0)

Overall, great customer service, great atmosphere and a great dining experience. The price was a little steeper than we thought (even with the vouchers) but when you get that level of service and food I don't mind paying a little extra. As already mentioned the bar was also a bit steep but it's not really a place for bargin booze and therefore attracts the right people.

I think as they are members on here, they should give everyone on this thread a free Sunday dinner for the good publicity!

It's one of the things I miss most since I left. A great bar with a great atmosphere and top quality food.

I'm just surptised no one has turned up and started calling it pretentious and full of ten bob millionaires just because it sets itself as aslightly more upmarket venue.