The Dempsey's Megathread

I do hope Affinity does open and becomes popular, but it won't takeover just for the location that it has put itself in.

You can tell that the owners of Dempsey's are making a bomb from what I have heard. One of them has a land rover and a second house. If both of those owners put their heads together they could modernise it within the space of two weeks, and make more room, but clearly this will not happen.

I do hope Affinity does open and becomes popular, but it won't takeover just for the location that it has put itself in.

You can tell that the owners of Dempsey's are making a bomb from what I have heard. One of them has a land rover and a second house. If both of those owners put their heads together they could modernise it within the space of two weeks, and make more room, but clearly this will not happen.

I would really love to see them putting some serious money into the place; I remember a few years ago they were talking about opening the top floor as an extra dancefloor; lets face it, the premises is quite small, and effectively they're trying to run Sheffield's answer to the Nightingale in Brum, or Queens Court in Leeds, and doing a pretty good job of it, so do give credit where credit's due: they even admirably shook off the stiff competition from Fuel; not an easy task for any business. In spite of the grottiness of the building (I've seen far worse venues in Sheffield city centre and in other towns), they have been trying to improve it; my favourite thing about dempseys though is that they do decent, affordable food, at all hours of day and night.

Maybe if Dempseys really do have a lot of money stashed away somewhere, they could expand into an additional venue? There are plenty of empty pubs/clubs (E.g. the old Matilda?) which an experienced club like that could do a lot with?:love:

What i cant work out is why sheffield has never had a successful gay scene

What i cant work out is why sheffield has never had a successful gay scene

Its always been the same, when i first moved to Sheffield yrs ago the gay scene was ok but not great and although it was mostly in the Attercliffe area (old Planet) people from other cities travelled here for nights out.

However the thing with Sheffield as a whole they don’t move with the times and think a successful venue will last for ever without putting any effort in to improve and when they do the improvements is done on the cheep or with little effort.

Does anyone know the managers full name? Also any of the doorman/women that work there?

Does anyone know the managers full name? Also any of the doorman/women that work there?

Is Dempsey's still standing up? It's been ages since I last went there, is that dodgy half drag queen still working there with the blonde long hair and well manicured nails?

Yes Dempseys is still going strong and is as good and thriving as ever !! CLub nights, cage, pool, food, buffet nights, quiz nights, karaoke , stripping nights , its brill - me and my dog think so anyway !!

Yes thanks, why?

Is Dempsey's still standing up? It's been ages since I last went there, is that dodgy half drag queen still working there with the blonde long hair and well manicured nails?

Last time I went, which was either a Friday or Saturday night it was deserted. Complete waste of time.

Last time I went, which was either a Friday or Saturday night it was deserted. Complete waste of time.

it depends what time you go, you will find it quite empty upto midnight and then it gets busier.

Its a case the later you go the busier it is.