Babysitting and babysitters MEGATHREAD

carfield Primary and Junior school is a good one, at meersbrook.

There are some really good primary schools i n Sheffield, better than the senior schools.

Dont forget, if you have kids, that you have to consder both.

Lydgate school at Crosspool is a very good one.

I'll go with espadrille on Carfield. Fabulous school. My little'un has done wonders at that school. Nothing but praise for them there.

Hi Jo

I am a childminder and my hourly rate is £2.50 and sometimes depending on the hours you work and if you are eligible you can claim part back from working family tax credits. My little boy used to go to a childminder 30 hours a week and i got the tax credits and paid a small contribution myself

Originally posted by Squashie28

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the standard hourly rate of childminders in Sheffield is.

My son is 5 years old and hopefully when we move in the near distant future to Sheffield I want some idea of what to expect.

Also can anyone tell me the names of recommended Primary schools in Sheffield, I aint bothered about areas as yet as I will cross that bridge when I came to it I just want to get an idea on what schools are you recommend then when it comes to choosing a new home I can try and base it around the area of the school.

Cheers

Jo

I'd recommend Westways Primary School in Crookes. It also has an after school club that runs until 6pm which is very useful for working parents - cost is about £5.50 per day.

Thanks for your responses guys, that was really helpful.

Im still trying to move, not had much success though.

Its really important to me to find an area near a decent school because I want my son to have continued support for his special needs, I really want to get into the Hunters Bar area as I have heard the schools around this area are excellent.

I doubt very much I will be moving anytime soon though which is frustrating as hell.

Never Mind I will continue trying.

Jo

I'd tend to advise Crookes over Hunters Bar. IMHO you'll get better VFM. Crookes houses tend to be bigger for same £.

Plus usually a better view.

anyone tell us how much it cost to have a child minder 1/2 days a week in the s12 area

thanks

Sorry I can't help you with your request, but I'm going to move this to the Parenting group (cos they're helpful souls in there!).

hiya

i pay £2.50 an hour plus cost of lunch (abou 50p a day) when my daughter is there or else if is a baby/toddler send your own

On my training course in childminding we were advised that prices are normally in the region of £2.50 - £3.80 per hour, depending how uppercrust the area is.

Could anyone recommend a good childminder in S2 or surrounding areas? I'm asking for a friend who lives in the Norfolk Park area :):help:

Hello

Just wondered if anyone knows of any good childminders in the waterthorpe/crystal peaks/beighton area? We have put our little one in a nursery at the moment, it is fine but am just wondering whether a childminder would have been a better option. We did look into childminders at the time, but most of the good ones were booked up, and we didn't like the one we met, so wondered if anyone has anyone they can recommend?