Babysitting and babysitters MEGATHREAD

I've never used or known anyone who has used a nanny before either, but due to the early hours I think it's likely to be my only option really.

childcare vouchers and child tax credits are different things, but you get what I mean. lol

Even if I did find a childminder who was willing to start that early, I doubt I could get my kids up and dressed early enough, for me to be on time. Just don't think it would be fair on them really. At least with a nanny they would be in their own home and could still get up at 7am/7:30am as usual. I think it would be a lot easier for them to accept than being taken to someone elses house.

OMG I am so stressed about this!!!

Hi,

I'm a nanny, but unfortunatly i couldn't get up and out that early. I have a little one of my own!

But I just wanted to suggest you try advertisting on netmums.

That is where our have found jobs in the past.

and yes more and more of us are becoming registered, just so you are aware though it does cost £99 year and to be honest the families tend to pay for it as it does not benefit the nanny more the family.

HTH

Sarah

I have actually posted on netmums already, but had no response yet.

I too would be happy to pay the £99 yearly fee for my nanny if necessary.

I also haven't mentioned before that I would be more than happy to have a nanny that has their own baby/toddler with them.

Thanks

Emma

If you don't have any luck you could consider contacting the colleges which are running current childminders courses.

I suggest this because when I did mine last year most people were just registering but didn't have clients. You could nip it in the bud that way.

I did it at Sheffield College Castle Centre but I understand that the course was going to be provided by someone else next time.

I have a 4 year old son who attends Woodseats School nursery in the afternoons. I need a child minder or Nanny to look after him in the mornings and take him to nursery for 1pm. If anyone is available, please PM me with details

Thanks

hi there,

i am a nanny and live in woodseats. i am not working at the minute as i took 1 year maternity leave to look after my little boy who is now 10 month.

i used to be registered with the childcare approvel scheme and could renew if needed.

i am free all mornings. Really good checkable references.

i am new to the sheffield forum and dont quite now how to PM you,

to pm, click the username and select from menu that drops down :)

it's not a good idea to put your phone number on a public forum ;)

OOps, missed that one. Thanks, Strix.

Lukesmum, you will need to post once more, I think, and then you will be able to PM. have deleted your details for your own safety - we're all lovely and trustworthy here, of course, but you never know who else could be lurking...

Here's the bit in FAQ:

I've just joined and can't PM. Why not?

We restrict PM facilities until someone has posted 5 times.

This helps restrict people from spamming from the moment they join the Forum. Whilst it's a little inconvenient for the vast majority of our users, we've found that very few people actually wnat or need to PM immediately.

After 5 posts, you will be able to use PMs.

If you've posted more than 5 times and still can't use PM, check in your profile that PMs have been enabled.

If PMs still don't work, please contact the Helpdesk.

ohh thanks cosywolf. never thought of that just thought im a little daft not knowing how to pm people hahaha

Hi my name is maria i am a qualified nursery nurse looking to go back into nannying i am currently working full time at a nursery in millhouses but looking to change i have 10 years experience both in nurseries and nannying if you are interested email me at mazhinch81@hotmail.com

I have found a child minder now. Thanks.

hi im wendy and a childminder in s5 for the baby it would cost (3.25 and the second child would be £2.25 hope that helps in the prices