Babysitting and babysitters MEGATHREAD

Or you can get to Children's Information Service online here: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/sys_upl/templates/PT_AZServices/PT_AZServices_details.asp?ServiceID=125&pgid=4191&tid=152

Also, if you do a search of the Parenting Group you may find past threads about childminders in your area.

Good luck!

I pay £3.25 ph which includes my daughters tea. The best place to look is Children's Information Services in Leopold Street. They'll give you a list of registered child minders in your requested area and how much each charges.

I pay £3.00ph, includes meals.

Hi there, I am currently on maternity and have 2 children. My little boy will be 3 when I go back to work, and my little girl will be 7 months. I really don't want to go back so am weighing up all the costs. My son is currently in a nursery 2 days a week which is fantastic but will be costly for 2 kids!

Just wondered if anyone knew of any childminders around S6 and how much they are?

Many thanks, Rach xx

where is sheffield s8? i mtself ia,m a childminder but a live at woodseats sheffield 8 not sure if that would be any use to you. your little boy would be able to get the early year,s voucher,s which shoul get you a discount. I charge 3.50 per hour per child, so not sure what your paying now at your son,s nursery? good luck.

Hi! Thanks for the reply but S8 is no good. I live in Stannington and would be too pushed for time to get to Woodseats. Thank you anyway though!

sorry i did,nt realise sheffield 6 is in stannington yes it,s a bit far.

Can anyone recommend an Ofsted registered Nanny. We live in Hillsborough S6

I am due to start a new job in about a months time and need to find a Nanny who can start work at 6am and finish at 9am after taking my three children (ages 4,6 and 8) to school (Malin Brigde Primary school).

As there are only 3 hours work per day on offer, this position would be ideal for someone who has another job that starts a little later.

Many thanks

Emma

Have you tried Childrens Info Service (or whatever they are now called)?

But - Nanny's aren't usually registered with OFSTED - they don't have to be, whereas childminders do. Childminders do school "drop off's" but whether you would get one who was happy to start at 6am and could look after 3 kids, I'm not sure! (and they would work in their own home too - not yours)

Good luck!

Thanks for replying Rachel.

I know that nannys do not need to be registered with Ofsted, but more and more are registering, as it then means that they can accept childcare vouchers, from child tax credits, as part payment.

This makes them in very high demand from lots of working families as it makes childcare more affordable.

Thanks again,

Emma

they can accept childcare vouchers, from child tax credits, as part payment.

This makes them in very high demand from lots of working families as it makes childcare more affordable.

I'd not thought of that! But childcare vouchers and child tax credits are different things aren't they (I know thats not relevant - and I'm being picky:) )

If only childcare were more affordable.......

I've never actually come across anyone who uses a nanny, so I admit I don't know lots about them..... only childminders who stop childminding, and then the nightmare of finding replacement childcare!!!! Aaaaah!