Frank phillips haulage

any one work for frank phillips haulage, late 60" at abbeydale road ???

I did not work there but I knew some of the drivers Frank, Pete and Twolly are the ones I can recall but I might remember some more given time.

Tommy Greatbatch was a driver there around that time.

I remember Frank Philips working out of a yard on Abbeydale Road at the top of Whitney St.

Looking at the width of the passageway leading into that yard now, those lorries couldn't have been all that big.

Is my memory of 60 years ago playing tricks with me ?

Did Philips move into the building at the side of the Royal Hotel from the yard I have just mentioned ?

any one work for frank phillips haulage, late 60" at abbeydale road ???

In the 1970s an old friends dad worked there (manager)its possible he had been there from the 60s. My old friend called Eric also worked for FP in later years. Their family name was Shipley.

Edited by only_me

I didn't work for them either but I remember Twolly.A.E.Evans bought an AEC Mandator off them - WWB 342G.

Aye,sad aren't I?:hihi:

I remember Frank Philips working out of a yard on Abbeydale Road at the top of Whitney St.

Looking at the width of the passageway leading into that yard now, those lorries couldn't have been all that big.

Is my memory of 60 years ago playing tricks with me ?

Did Philips move into the building at the side of the Royal Hotel from the yard I have just mentioned ?

Yes, you could see the trucks parked up through the windows on Abbeydale Road.

dasher , fuzzy, brian ,terry. ,big bedford lover ,aec,sedons ,spanish dodge ,

He had a pair of cracking lasses-went to City Grammar.Both bright and went into law.My mate went out with one of them.he was a changed man soon after.

dasher , fuzzy, brian ,terry. ,big bedford lover ,aec,sedons ,spanish dodge ,

Hi just seen this and I know it was a few years ago but if possible would like to know how you know these names as one of them is my husband. Thanks

Hi just seen this and I know it was a few years ago but if possible would like to know how you know these names as one of them is my husband. Thanks

Fuzzy went to oz,dasher dank was George broughtens side kick.bri had the tinted windows ,he smoked so much :hihi: pat, terry , so many good lads ,i was one of the fitters in garage

duncan

Hi thanks for getting back to me. Can you tell me if this was the Frank Phillips on Worthing Road. My husbands recalled some of the names mentioned. He is not here not to confirm but will ask him later. Are you sure that the mentioned Fuzzy went to Oz and not Canada. Thanks again. If it is