Sign in to follow this  

Red Tape Studios to close?

I was reliably informed yesterday, that the Red Tape Studios are set to close down, probably within a matter of months. The reason behind this is that Sheffield Council need the space to use for computer training ....................for immigrants. I don't have a problem with immigrants doing computer training, (although the fact that it will all be at the Sheffield taxpayers expense does raise the hackles somewhat), but to end such a successful enterprise for this reason seems completely mad.

this has 2 be bull ****...

i hope so ne way....

i just started my course there..... and payed £1500

Tis true I'm afraid, the wheels are already in motion.

Yes I know the former Assistant Manager (?), Rick, he quit a month ago as it was being run right down to the ground.....

I'm unable to find any official announcement of this anywhere, has there been one? Surely there would be a statement on Red Tape's website or something? Who gave you this information Magneteer?

Opposition to this would be enormous I'd have thought - Red Tape was the catalyst for the entire Cultural Industries Quarter, a feature of Sheffield that many other UK cities look at with envy as a benchmark development. Not only that, but clearly it's still a highly useful, active resource, especially seeing how the city's music scene has grown over the past few years.

Red Tape Studios are one of Sheffield's few tangible success stories. To lose an asset like this would be beyond shameful.

Oh no its not.

It is merging with Tri Tec to offer more digital and creative courses. All the courses that they have been doing for the last few years. Music production, Music management, Band Developement, Protools ect are still going on. The studios are been upgraded at the moment. 20 new PC's have been delivered.

A lot of staff have left recently and some have an axe to grind.

Red Tapes phone number is 0114 2761151. Press 0 for general enquiries and chat to them

Aha! A big thank you for clearing that one up. :clap:

Originally posted by carcrash

Oh no its not.

It is merging with Tri Tec to offer more digital and creative courses.

But TriTec are rubbish. They always have been and always will.

K.

What do you base your opinion of TriTec on Karl101?

how many courses have you attended there?

Or is your opionion based on hearsay?

I think you should qualify your comment with hard fact.

Oh, and I am nothing to do with TriTec or any of their families or friends. I just get fed up with this sort of off the cuff remark.

Red Tape closing, well I certainly hope not, it's been an invaluable resource for a lot of musicians and engineers throughout the years. If it is true, how about another location and maybe joint ownership with the private sector if funding is an issue!

Originally posted by Korl101

What do you base your opinion of TriTec on Karl101?

Well I have been on couses and had worked there, although not teaching IT. For about 6 years. Not anymore though.

TriTec is rubbish.

K.

Oh, boy do I feel foolish now. Clearly from your comments you have plenty of real world experience of TriTec.

I retract my previous post (except the bit about Red Tape, and off the cuff remarks - cos I don't like them in general - but as I say I your comments appear valid).

Hope you will accept my retraction.

:thumbsup: