Has anyone ever had a heel spur ?

My friend was diagnosed with something called a heel spur(or policemans heel) about four months ago.She says it just feels like a thorn in her heel,and she has had a lot of trouble walking this summer. Her doctor has booked her in to see a Podiarist(foot doctor) under the health service,to have her feet measured for some heel cradles.Has anyone ever had a heel spur ?

My mother suffers from heel spurs and uses a natural remedy to relieve the symptoms. Try drinking a cup of pure cherry juice once a day. It has really helped her. :)

An ex-boyfriend of mine had operations on both his heels to remove the spurs when he was 18 (I believe another name is something to do with Achilles' Heel")....he was on crutches for a couple of months, and then back to normal. I seem to remember it was something to do with abnormal bone growth in the Achilles' tendon area.

I had one,it is very painful.It lasted for about nine weeks of practice nurse massage,rolling a tennis ball around the soles of the foot, and resting the foot on a bag of frozen peas.

Hope this helps.I also bought a shoe insert to keep the foot straight (about £20).

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/plantar-fasciitis-exercise.html

Yes, i did a few years ago, no treatments helped one bit, it went away the same way it came... for no reason.

Originally posted by Chicago

My mother suffers from heel spurs and uses a natural remedy to relieve the symptoms. Try drinking a cup of pure cherry juice once a day. It has really helped her. :)

I will tell my friend about Cherry juice.Will look in the supermarket for it. Thanks.

Originally posted by poppins

Yes, i did a few years ago, no treatments helped one bit, it went away the same way it came... for no reason.

Did you have heel cradles ? Is so did they help ? You know if they come back to try cherry juice.:clap:

hi there i hope this doesnt offend but hope itll make you laugh.when i 1st read your post my imagination ran wild! i was thinking hey its calamity jane ridin thru town!! i imagined spurs on the heels of her cowboy boots and her mate wild bill hickok in tow .....having read up what your condition entails i feel for you , it must be very uncomfortable to say the least. i hope this cheered you up a little and made you smile ..:)

I think i'm getting one for the second time, not as bad as the one I had a few years ago (not yet), the pain was unbearable, not much treatment for them either, nothing that seems to work anyhow.:(

What are they???

It can be an inflamed tendant or calcium build up around the bone, they just come on for no reason it seems, theres nothing on your heel to see, nothing to feel , it's an inside job :(

It can be an inflamed tendant or calcium build up around the bone, they just come on for no reason it seems, theres nothing on your heel to see, nothing to feel , it's an inside job :(

My neighbour had one, and went to a special foot clinic to have a special insert fitted in her shoes. She could hardly walk last Summer, but it doesnt seem to have returned this year. She said it was actually like walking on a spur.