Any suggestions for schools with good 6th forms

anyone got any info on which schools have the best 6th forms in Sheffield?

Depends on what your interpretation of "best" is. If you want league tables and exam results, then look on the council website.

Depends on what your interpretation of "best" is. If you want league tables and exam results, then look on the council website.

No i want an overall impression, not just official blurb.

anyone got any info on which schools have the best 6th forms in Sheffield?

Better question would be: any info on which schools have 6th forms in Sheffield. Three quarters of them were abolished in the 1980s. There are only five sixth form schools in Sheffield:

* High Storrs

* King Ecgbert

* King Edward VII

* Silverdale

* Tapton

Better question would be: any info on which schools have 6th forms in Sheffield. Three quarters of them were abolished in the 1980s. There are only five sixth form schools in Sheffield:

* High Storrs

* King Ecgbert

* King Edward VII

* Silverdale

* Tapton

Forge Valley are opening their 6th form this year I believe.

Without a shadow of doubt it has to be High Storrs Miss Somerby's girl. Have you heard about it?

* High Storrs

* King Ecgbert

* King Edward VII

* Silverdale

* Tapton

Notre Dame, All Saints springs academy and park academy all have 6th form too.

If you are looking for one for yourself or someone else to study at, I would visit them and get a feel for what they are about, what subjects they offer and the general ethos of the school.. they will all be very different and each will suit different students. Some would hate one but love others.

If just a general query.. google exam results league tables or check out ofsted reports

Edited by SatanInHeels
missed one off

I think you need to define what you are looking for as "good" - academic results? pastoral care? good mix of students? range of subjects? transport links?

Without a shadow of doubt it has to be High Storrs Miss Somerby's girl. Have you heard about it?

Yes, I have heard a little bit about it, apparently has an excellent 6th form.I also heard it has just been refurbished, is this right? Could you give me any reasons for your opinion?

Without a doubt High Storrs. Teachers second to none, facilities second to none .

One or two brats, but you get them anyway

Notre Dame, All Saints springs academy and park academy all have 6th form too.

If you are looking for one for yourself or someone else to study at, I would visit them and get a feel for what they are about, what subjects they offer and the general ethos of the school.. they will all be very different and each will suit different students. Some would hate one but love others.

If just a general query.. google exam results league tables or check out ofsted reports

Meadowhead has one now, one of the best schools in the City