Kings of Leon Motorpoint Arena December 2010

did you not see the stage was split into two (front and back) the KOL kit was covered whilst the whigs were on and the whigs kit removed after the finished, so they did have their own stuff and of course they had use of the desk how else would it be coming through the same sound system as KOL, they would have sound checked too cos they were the only acts on all weekend at the arena. I thought they were mint and complimented KOL perfectly I'm off to HMV to buy the albums at lunch!!

ps I'm sorry to hear your mate had a fall though it was very slipey nearly went a few times myself afterwards!!

did you not see the stage was split into two (front and back) the KOL kit was covered whilst the whigs were on and the whigs kit removed after the finished, so they did have their own stuff and of course they had use of the desk how else would it be coming through the same sound system as KOL, they would have sound checked too cos they were the only acts on all weekend at the arena. I thought they were mint and complimented KOL perfectly I'm off to HMV to buy the albums at lunch!!

ps I'm sorry to hear your mate had a fall though it was very slipey nearly went a few times myself afterwards!!

What I meant is the kit that the band used was probably borrowed because their normal gear isn't suitable for a bit venue. I know a band that normally play pubs etc and found themselvesat City Hall. Had to rent a full set of suitable gear.

Falling over is a hazzard, particularly for stupid girls who prefer fashion over common sense when it comes to selecting clothes and in particular heels.

What I meant is the kit that the band used was probably borrowed because their normal gear isn't suitable for a bit venue. I know a band that normally play pubs etc and found themselvesat City Hall. Had to rent a full set of suitable gear.

Falling over is a hazzard, particularly for stupid girls who prefer fashion over common sense when it comes to selecting clothes and in particular heels.

That doesn't make any sense.

Bands will still use their own gear as in instruments, mics etc but the PA system and monitors will be the headliners which they will be renting anyway.

Both bands will have soundchecks but of course the engineers will be working for KOL so they will end up with a better sound.

That doesn't make any sense.

Bands will still use their own gear as in instruments, mics etc but the PA system and monitors will be the headliners which they will be renting anyway.

Both bands will have soundchecks but of course the engineers will be working for KOL so they will end up with a better sound.

My point was that the band would not be familiar with the kit. If that isn't the case the band were just crap then.

Incidentally it seems we were lucky regarding the gig. The tour moved on from Sheffield to O2 in London when some of the trucks carrying KOL set and gear caught fire and the gig has had to be postponed.

personal taste and all that but I thought they were amazing and Kaleb certainly rated them!! I was about twenty feet from the front in the middle and stayed dry!! anyway beer throwing is fairly standard at big gigs and as for it being cold you must have not got into it I never stopped dancing (jumping up and down) all night so had a 'rate dab on' by the end of the night so actually enjoyed the cold after!

I thought they sounded good too - but this was probably the worst gig/concert i've ever been to! Unfortunately I didn't get a standing ticket and had to sit miles away from the stage, right near the back at the opposite end of the arena. It would have helped if they had decent sized screens showing decent close ups of the band (rather than weird MTV style footage) - there was absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever and I would have been better off spending my 55 pounds on a dvd of the band and/or sitting watching MTV at home!!:confused:

I very much doubt i'll be going to Sheffield Arena again unless I can get a standing ticket!!!

My point was that the band would not be familiar with the kit. If that isn't the case the band were just crap then.

Incidentally it seems we were lucky regarding the gig. The tour moved on from Sheffield to O2 in London when some of the trucks carrying KOL set and gear caught fire and the gig has had to be postponed.

The only reason they might have been bad is not having the exact sound setup they'd like regarding how the sound engineers have set it up and the onstage monitors might not be what they're used to.

Although alot of bands use in ear ones mainly these days.