Americans help woman whose Taliban husband cut of her nose and ears

Crimes and their punishment are what's on the statue books, even in Afghanistan.

You've may have been in the USA for too long, you seem to have lost touch with how things work in the rest of the world. I understand that the 'Merkin government has ratified dispensing with courts of any kind unlike the Afghan government.

Now come on, I know you get this in spite of the belligerence.

I know very well how things work in the rest of the world. I've seen quite a bit of it too in my life.

I'm just trying to make some sense out of why smashing a woman's body up under a hail of rocks is considered as an acceptable and legal form of punishment yet mutilating a girl's face is a crime.

I dont pretend in any way to understand the eastern (Islamic) mind as it applies to what is considered legal and illegal but certainly a lot of it makes no sense to me and I consider the religion to be overall a cruel and unjust one where the lot of girls and women are concerned.

I dont know what the "Merkin government" is so you have the advantage of me there sir.

The only thing I do know about someone named Merkin is that he was head of GMAC and if I remember rightly was forced to resign from the position due to some wrongdoing but that seems totally irrelevent to this discussion

I'm just trying to make some sense out of why smashing a woman's body up under a hail of rocks is considered as an acceptable and legal form of punishment yet mutilating a girl's face is a crime.

It's not acceptable to you and me, but it might be to people who until 8 years ago were violently suppressed into a medieval society and who've spent the last 8 years being carpet bombed, invaded, eliminated, occupied and controlled by the so-called Land Of The Free who do all the same nasty things but have different ideas of right and wrong.

Most of the rest of the world have given up state killing by electrocution, hanging, firing squad and poison, unlike the purveyors of peace and god given self righteousness.

I hope that helps you to get back in touch.

If not, I'm sure she'll be really grateful to the USA for her new nose.

I know very well how things work in the rest of the world. I've seen quite a bit of it too in my life.

I dont pretend in any way to understand the eastern (Islamic) mind as it applies to what is considered legal and illegal but certainly a lot of it makes no sense to me and I consider the religion to be overall a cruel and unjust one where the lot of girls and women are concerned.

I dont know what the "Merkin government" is so you have the advantage of me there sir.

The only thing I do know about someone named Merkin is that he was head of GMAC and if I remember rightly was forced to resign from the position due to some wrongdoing but that seems totally irrelevent to this discussion

Najibullah, the old communist leader of Afghanistan was in charge when students at Kabul University wore miniskirts. The CIA fomented an uprising against him, he was hung in the street and his severed penis was stuffed in his mouth.

It's not surprising Americans are upset about the brutality of Afghanistan since they encouraged the brutalisation of the country and funded and armed those delightful Taliban chaps we saw in Rambo 3.

It's not acceptable to you and me, but it might be to people who until 8 years ago were violently suppressed into a medieval society and who've spent the last 8 years being carpet bombed, invaded, eliminated, occupied and controlled by the so-called Land Of The Free who do all the same nasty things but have different ideas of right and wrong.

Most of the rest of the world have given up state killing by electrocution, hanging, firing squad and poison, unlike the purveyors of peace and god given self righteousness.

I hope that helps you to get back in touch.

If not, I'm sure she'll be really grateful to the USA for her new nose.

If the Land of the Free had been left alone instead of having it's embassies bombed, navy ships attacked and a few thousand of it's citizens killed on 9/11 things might have been different but when a nasty neighbour keeps carrying out acts with the intention of harming you then you have to go into his territory and do a bit of the same to him.

They started it and never forget that. Maybe if women had been emanciipated long ago in Muslim society the whole rotten sick structure as it exists now might have had some place in the 21st century instead of the 11th

Najibullah, the old communist leader of Afghanistan was in charge when students at Kabul University wore miniskirts. The CIA fomented an uprising against him, he was hung in the street and his severed penis was stuffed in his mouth.

It's not surprising Americans are upset about the brutality of Afghanistan since they encouraged the brutalisation of the country and funded and armed those delightful Taliban chaps we saw in Rambo 3.

So some leader had his dicky stuffed in his mouth and this radically changed the country? :hihi:. Afghanistan was always a land of warring mointain tribes. who were rebels against any central authority whatsoever My old dad was there in the 1930s with the British Army and they had to run convoys through the Khyber Pass. He said it was a very dodgy place even back then.

As for Rambo, give me a break :hihi:

They started it and never forget that.

Najibullah told the Times, and "described what he thought would happen to his country if Islamic extremists took power in Kabul."

"If fundamentalism comes to Afghanistan, war will continue for many more years," Najibullah said. "Afghanistan will turn into a center of world smuggling for narcotic drugs. Afghanistan will be turned into a center for terrorism."

Well, all that has come to pass.

http://www.peoplesworld.org/obama-the-karzai-brothers-the-ghost-of-najibullah/

The Americans overthrew a moderate, progressive leader of Afghanistan and encouraged the Taliban. America made this whole mess in the first place.

Najibullah told the Times, and "described what he thought would happen to his country if Islamic extremists took power in Kabul."

"If fundamentalism comes to Afghanistan, war will continue for many more years," Najibullah said. "Afghanistan will turn into a center of world smuggling for narcotic drugs. Afghanistan will be turned into a center for terrorism."

Well, all that has come to pass.

http://www.peoplesworld.org/obama-the-karzai-brothers-the-ghost-of-najibullah/

The Americans overthrew a moderate, progressive leader of Afghanistan and encouraged the Taliban. America made this whole mess in the first place.

So what part did the Soviet invasion of Afganistan play in all this? You havent mentioned their part yet

If this thread descends into insults and bickering it will be closed and further action taken.

So what part did the Soviet invasion of Afganistan play in all this? You havent mentioned their part yet

They were suckered into it for western interests. The soviets only had two years to go after they invaded Afghanistan.

So some leader had his dicky stuffed in his mouth and this radically changed the country? :hihi:. Afghanistan was always a land of warring mointain tribes. who were rebels against any central authority whatsoever My old dad was there in the 1930s with the British Army and they had to run convoys through the Khyber Pass. He said it was a very dodgy place even back then.

As for Rambo, give me a break :hihi:

I'm afraid this kind of glib, facetious response to other peoples suffering seems to characterise some of the American presence on here. You do youre]self and your adopted nation no credit with this kind of blinkered self serving ignorance of the rest of the world.

Edited by Halibut

Harleyman, you wanted to understand but you aren't listening. You're a total allegory.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter, in the words of former CIA analyst Ray McGovern,

"thought it a good idea to mousetrap the Soviets into their own Vietnam debacle by baiting them into invading Afghanistan in 1979, the war which was the precursor to the great-power Afghan quagmire three decades later."

In 1979, Soviet troops entered the country to defend the Afghan government and remained there nine years.

The effort was pre-doomed; the USSR leadership had ignored warnings, coming from even its own military strategists, that history had shown the fiercely independent and resourceful Afghans would never be subdued by the military might of foreign forces.

Ibid.

No lessons learned.