A4E Sheffield,anyone else detest this place?

So as the title goes i have had just about all i can take being typecast as a doley scrounger.

I am a qualified gas safe registered engineer and around 18 months ago i had a 'flare up' of my krohns disease and as redundancies were occurring (and still are in the construction industry) i was 'let go'.

I was then referred to a4e and i have found the experience almost humiliating,my ''jobcoach'' did nothing to help me find work and the other day he suggested it would look good on my c.v if i worked at mcds or bnq!!!

Now before anyone starts ranting about a job is a job,worked out,40 hours a week on minimum wage would make me around £20 a week better off,NOT including travel expenses or meals.Would you give someone 20 to work all week for you and bank the rest....not many saying no.

The moronic individual in question seems to do nothing but ask me what ive been doing to find work and type it up on the computer and then make me another appointment for next time,they all look down their noses at you like your scum,make you feel as though its your fault you cant find work and do sod all to help you but sit smug that they're employed and your beneath them.

I know it may help a few people out with regards to cv's interview techniques etc,but i see myself as a(fairly) intelligent man and find this place the biggest waste of my time,government(your) money and the most self obsessed organisation i have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Thanks for reading my little rant....i feel a lot better now.

Ask Emma if you can have a job cleaning her mansion, or checking her gas fittings.

She's loaded, all because of the likes of you and the unemployed.

You have to do, what you have to do to get paid. Same with any job. You might not like your boss but you have to go. Doesn't make it good or right but it's part of the contract.

So as the title goes i have had just about all i can take being typecast as a doley scrounger.

I am a qualified gas safe registered engineer and around 18 months ago i had a 'flare up' of my krohns disease and as redundancies were occurring (and still are in the construction industry) i was 'let go'.

I was then referred to a4e and i have found the experience almost humiliating,my ''jobcoach'' did nothing to help me find work and the other day he suggested it would look good on my c.v if i worked at mcds or bnq!!!

Now before anyone starts ranting about a job is a job,worked out,40 hours a week on minimum wage would make me around £20 a week better off,NOT including travel expenses or meals.Would you give someone 20 to work all week for you and bank the rest....not many saying no.

The moronic individual in question seems to do nothing but ask me what ive been doing to find work and type it up on the computer and then make me another appointment for next time,they all look down their noses at you like your scum,make you feel as though its your fault you cant find work and do sod all to help you but sit smug that they're employed and your beneath them.

I know it may help a few people out with regards to cv's interview techniques etc,but i see myself as a(fairly) intelligent man and find this place the biggest waste of my time,government(your) money and the most self obsessed organisation i have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Thanks for reading my little rant....i feel a lot better now.

Yep, frustrating- I hate the place too. Only one comment though, the longer you turn down jobs like b&q etc. the more unemployable you are. And you can't get a promotion watching Jeremy Kyle!

Not an attack, just an opinion.

the place is full of self important idiots where theres more sleaze and rumours going round than corry and eastenders put together

Edited by Panthera

just thought i would point out that they get paid a bonus if any of their "customers" find jobs...

so if the government forces you to go to A4E, they do sodd all to help you, but you work ur ass off finding a job and get one... A4E gets another pile of money.

that is why they try to get anyone in any work they can, they dont care if you do what your good at, or anything like that...

Well with all the cuts coming lets hope this bunch of slime-balls get the axe. Personally I know nothing of them but just from the stuff I've read here previously I truly hope they are given the push and I resent the fact that these people are payed out of the public purse.

I wouldn't wish anyone out of a job. I don't like the way some bus drivers / shop assistants / doctors etc speak to me. Doesn't mean I would wish that on them. If your going to blame anyone blame the people who train the staff to deliver the sessions. And try to put yourself in their shoes, the majority of people they deal with do have difficulty finding employment for one reason or another. It would be very hard to split all the different levels of ability without someone shouting discrimination or something. I am not saying that the way this is dealt with overall is right, it needs to be looked carefully.

Edited by wotsits
add to the end

I wouldn't wish anyone out of a job. I don't like the way some bus drivers / shop assistants / doctors etc speak to me. Doesn't mean I would wish that on them. If your going to blame anyone blame the people who train the staff to deliver the sessions. And try to put yourself in there shoes, the majority of people they deal with do have difficulty finding employment for one reason or another. It would be very hard to split all the different levels of ability without someone shouting discrimination or something.

I wouldn't be in their shoes, as much as I know how crap being out of a job is there are some things I just wouldn't do for a living.

From previous posts on the forum I am aware that they are not doing a great job and that the owners of this sham have made a fortune from it.

Each and every person who works there must also realise this.

I would put them in the same category as confidence tricksters and cowboy builders and feel a little resentful that I am forced in some small part to pay for this sham.

Now before anyone starts ranting about a job is a job,worked out,40 hours a week on minimum wage would make me around £20 a week better off,NOT including travel expenses or meals.

This calculation is not complete, though; because if you refuse to take such jobs your benefit falls to zero. 40 hours a week on minimum wage would make you more than £200 a week better off than if you refuse to take those jobs.