McDonald's Happy Meal shows no sign of decomposing after SIX MONTHS

Some interesting comments on that page. I've spoken to a couple of parents who have found half eaten burgers or chicken nuggets in the footwells when cleaning out the car and they've said that they were mouldy.

Probably made from plastic, I`m calling fake.

I suppose it depends on the conditions you store the food in, in theory if you kept it cool and in a fairly bactieria free atmosphere it wouldn't go mouldy very quick, but that applies to any food, not just MD's

Beef. As cgksheff pointed out, cooked salted beef will last for months - if not years - without rotting. That remains true whether the beef forms part of a McDonald's burger or not.

That may be the case for the "meat". But what about the bread and the potatoes though?

From the comments at the bottom of the story: So what you're saying is McD's has discovered the key to anti-aging. I'm going on a solid diet of these burgers. I'll send photos to DM in 6 months. I'm all in.

Wow i cant believe after looking at the photos that it has hardly changed in 6mths!

"Looking almost as fresh as the day it was bought, this McDonald's Happy Meal is in fact a staggering six months old.

Photographed every day for the past half a year by Manhattan artist Sally Davies the kids meal of fries and burger is without a hint of mould or decay."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319562/McDonalds-Happy-Meal-bought-months-ago-shows-sign-mould.html?ref=nf#ixzz12AJX6zQJ

Not being funny like, but a dinner you can go back to 6 months later, isn't that a good thing? :hihi:

Does the bread toast itself after 6 months then? :hihi:

Stupid bloody woman. I can't believe I've just wasted 7 minutes of my life reading that!

Stupid bloody woman. I can't believe I've just wasted 7 minutes of my life reading that!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Does the bread toast itself after 6 months then? :hihi:

I think the Ketchup soaked through the bread :hihi: I've never seen a before & after photo when they both looked like the after.

Somebody took this "scare story" seriously enough to actually run some tests on it. Here's the link.

To summarise: it's not the salt, and it is definitely not because of any sinister chemicals introduced by McDonalds. Pure, 100% organic beef, in a lump the size and shape of a McDonald's hamburger patty, will not decay after cooking. The reason appears to be that it's too small to retain moisture, and therefore remains too dry for mold and spores to gain a foothold.

The larger burgers, such as a Quarter Pounder, do indeed go rotten; a burger kept inside a sealed plastic bag, to retain its moisture, will go rotten very fast indeed.

To summarise the summary: the whole story is a triviality. Beef won't decay if it's kept dry.