Anyone with a Samsung Netbook please can you help me? Desperate plea

Is there anyone out there with a Samsung NC10 or nc20 who can help me? The part that receives the power cable broke last night & it is flat & won't charge. Currys tell me if they send it away to fix they may wipe my data. I just took it to a computer shop & paid to have the data recovered & they told me they can't recover my most important files. And their backup has replaced my last backup so I have lost months worth of work. It's a total disaster. I am heavily pregnant & don't know how I will do it again. I am told if I buy a new battery pack it may not come charged. The only solution I can think of is to plug someone elses charged battery in (they slide on & off easily) to power mine up for 10 mins whilst I put my files on a memory stick, hoping this guy didn't wipe them. Can anyone help? Am happy to pay you. Totally desperate. I live in s8

Edited by SamMT

Have found a nice person who is happy to help. Hugely grateful :-)

Just to point out curry's gave you bad advice, there's no need to wipe your data for that repair (unless their internal procedures make it so!). I'd also be unhappy with the other company if that's what has happened!

Glad you got it sorted anyway.

Thank you talula- it is sorted. So relieved!

Dave, i know, it's a pain. I think it is because they won't take responsibility & you can't speak to the people who actually do the work. So they just keep telling you it may get wiped, which is probably a stock response, which made me very reluctant to take the chance especially as it would take 28 days! And I am not happy with the guy at the computer shop who scared the wits out of me telling me my files were not there/could not be recovered. I won't go there again!!! Still all is well that ends well!

Thanks for the replies :-)