Tibetan terrier roaming Meersbrook

Hi

Has anyone seen the tibetan terrier that roams Meersbrock ? I have not seen it for a while and today it reappeared. It followed my dog home. I try to look at it tag but it not very friendly. It in a right state it coat filthy it meant to be grey and white. It very mucky looking does look like a stray but as collar on with tag confused. I phone dog warden who said they can not do much as I have not contained it. They have logged that it and said if I manage to contain it call them back.

I am concerned for it welfare it has no road sense , very timid and also in a right state. Poor thing

I was in there at lunch time but didn't see it. I haven't seen it before but will try and get a lead on it and check it's tag if I come across it.

Thank you I am not very brave when it comes to stray dogs.

It was straying again today, it was near the mosque. I've seen it straying 5 times this year once at 5:45am in the morning. I think it lives somewhere near the park but I have seen it as far as the Sheaf pub and Heeley Green shops before now.

If you try to approach it it just barks at you and runs off. I really wish the owners would look after it properly as watching it nearly get hit by cars is not nice and you can't get hold of it to take it home to safety :( It looked in need of a good brush today.

Poor dog is at it again :(

Seems to be learning a little more road sense though! It waited for the cars before it tried to cross this time! D had a good growl at it through the gate and off it popped after yapping at him for a while, you can't catch it as it barks and backs off and I'm guessing that is why it has not ended up with the dog warden as no one dares catch it as it does not give off great doggy body language when approached.

Hi

I met the owner last year. I told her about her dogs antics. The owner said he a prize stud :confused: If this is case why would you let it rome the streets ???

The owner then said it escape from cat flat and there no way they can keep it in when a female dog in season. It makes me so mad. I quite confused how it gets out cat flap it not that small. I was hoping that someone had spoke to them as last year it was a right scruffy mess. This year had a hair cut but sounds like he back to being a mess . We had no more issues with it harassing our dog. But I do see it roaming all the time. When it was with it owner I manged to stroke it and they say it friendly. But when I try to get near it on it own I call his name and he does respond but I scared of it. I think sadly the wake up call will be when it gets killed. I hope some catches first and takes to dog warden. To the previous poster I know it name and it response it if you want I can P.M it if you want to try and catch it.

Edited by pink fairy

Just seen it on Albert road, about 22.45... is it normally out this late?? It's the first time I've seen it but I know it's out roaming all the time - tried to catch it but couldn't - it was just running about barking it's little head off so figured if the owners were looking for it, they'd hear it! Poor thing doesn't look in v good condition - looks matted n scruffy. Does anyone know where it lives?

Sorry just found this thread after I'd started another about it - what is his name? I tried to catch him as he came right up to me, but ran off when I did. He's a yappy bugger but didn't seem aggressive. There's no way he would get through a cat flap, don't believe that at all :hihi:

They might have a dog flap? Like a slightly bigger cat flap for smaller dogs, you can get them! If it gets out and escapes the actual garden though, it wouldn't be wise to have one would it? :hihi:

Sorry just found this thread after I'd started another about it - what is his name? I tried to catch him as he came right up to me, but ran off when I did. He's a yappy bugger but didn't seem aggressive. There's no way he would get through a cat flap, don't believe that at all :hihi:

I'd hoped they had got it secured as I have not seen it for a while. Last time it had actually got into Chesterfield road at the bottom with all the traffic, it looped out into the traffic got beeped at and ran back up Albert Road.

Even if they don't care about the dog it needs to be secured for the safety of others. How would you feel if a car swerved to avoid you dog and then ran into a pedestrian and killed them? It is my worse nightmare as a dog owner that if my dog every escaped he would cause a traffic accident that would kill someone :(

Threads merged, poor thing it sounds like he needs some help!

Thanks Moon. Yeah he does need some help, I will try harder to catch him next time. He's obviously not v well looked after poor thing. I don't know what I'd do if any of mine got out, I'd be so worried!