My poor puppy has just gone to the emergancy vets

he started been ill late last night so we took him at 4am to the vets they say hes either got an infection or his appendix are too close together and he may need an operation. poor little mite hes sooo sweet and loving and its so upsetting luckily my free insurance doesn,t run out until thursday but i,m going to renew first thing this morning when they open so far its cost 450 pounds without the operation. i know money is not everything and my puppies health is paramount but would recommend all other pet owners who like me leave things till the last minute to make sure your pets are covered.

fingers crossed for our little Wednesday our apricot minature poodle!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

awwww.hope he recovers soon.with you on the insurance.my dalmatian had to have an emergency op the other week.he had urinary stones and couldn't pass them.the first bill was £575!!he's been back 3 times since then for different things antibiotics/over night stay/pain killers etc!so god knows how much the final bill will be!

luckily we are insured!we had to pay the initial £575 as the vet says he has that many people that dont pay for the bill if their insurance doesn't cover the procedure.but we should get that back soon!!

I do hope Wednesday makes a full and speedy recovery :( It's awful when they're poorly isn't it.

I love mini poodles, and I'm sure that Wednesday will be just fine :)

Fingers well and truly crossed.

On the insurance note - I've had no help from my insurance for Bubble and wish I'd never bothered!! Having questioned them, it seems they'll find any reason they can not to pay out and I'm considering opening a bank account for them and paying into that instead of insurance. I know it's a risk but I've talked it over with my parents and they have said they would definitely help out and find the money should any of my babies end up with big vet bills that I haven't managed to save up for yet. I also have a very good relationship with my vet and am confident that they would let me pay in installments as they know me so well.

I suppose I'm in a very lucky position to have so much support but the whole insurance thing is quite a worry - having spoken to them, it seems they'd manage to wriggle out of most claims and they wouldn't answer my questions directly. That was MoreThan and I know PetPlan have a better rep but I can't afford the payments with them!!

animal friendly seem pretty good but then so far, touch wood, we havent had to use them, but other owners i've spoken to say they've had no problems with claims and they were very affordable too

I hope all goes well with little Wednesday!

they'd manage to wriggle out of most claims and they wouldn't answer my questions directly. That was MoreThan and I know PetPlan have a better rep but I can't afford the payments with them!!

I had trouble with MoreThan too. They were happy to take my money each month, but when it came to a claim, they basically told me that because my dog was over 8, she wasn't covered (what on earth had I been paying for then??)

I can recommend Direct Line though. Good price and quick to pay up.