Can someone recommend a good reliable central heating engineer?

Hi, i have got a problem with my heating system. The hot water and heating always comes on at the same time, although I have different control buttons for them. Can someone recommend a good reliable plumbing to sort this out?

also, the control box for the hot water and heating doesn't seem to work - the light for power goes off, but the boiler continues to work. Do I need to change a control box or what?

Anybody help please!!!

it will be your thermostat.

Hi, i have got a problem with my heating system. The hot water and heating always comes on at the same time, although I have different control buttons for them. Can someone recommend a good reliable plumbing to sort this out?

also, the control box for the hot water and heating doesn't seem to work - the light for power goes off, but the boiler continues to work. Do I need to change a control box or what?

Anybody help please!!!

Ive noticed we have a boiler megathread with quiries like yours.

It sounds like your timer/control unit has failed. But difficult to say without testing it.

A new one could be anything from 20 to 50 pounds depending on the model, plus labour.

Time wise, I would expect about half a day depending upon where it's situated.

PM me if you struggle, I am qualified to do this work.

Edited by blahblahbla

would be helpful if someone could give me a name and phone number so that I can call

big big thanks.

Try Keith at Millhouses Plumbing and Heating Services (I probably shouldn't post the number on here but you can look them up).

Not the cheapest (you get what you pay for with most things in life), but good value for dependable quality service - he's 100% honest and very good.

Anybody help please!!!

Hi, we'd be more than happy to visit to mend your central heating. Unfortunately the earliest we'd be able to come would be thursday afternoon if that would be convenient for you. If you need someone sooner than that then I'd suggest looking in the 'boiler megathread' in the property section and posting your area of sheffield. Mickey ET, corgigasman or one of the others may be able to help you sooner than we can(their details are all on there).

Thanks

Dan

City Wide Heating Services

CityWide Heating came to look at my boiler last week, they gave honest and fair advice whch was much appreciated, (they even took their shoes off when they came in). I will be passing on their name, and asking them to service my boiler in the near future.

Search CityWide Heating on Sheffield Forum for their contact details (I used them after finding thier details on the forum).

Edited by nebuk