Chilean miners-all 33 rescued! Joy!

I would have been a gibbering wreck within minutes of being down that mine,
No, you would have been starters :D

Seriously, If I was in that mine I would have seriously considered eating someone, It would have been hard setting up 'the accident' every week but...

Im quite creative when it comes to looking out for myself :P

I wonder if it crossed any of their minds, to eat each other ?

If they bring out a 'truthful' account of what happened in book form, which Im sure they will, I would defiantly buy a copy. The films never tell the stories as good as a good book does.

On that subject the books 'Alive' and 'Miracle in the Andes' are cracking reads.

Yeh I remember the film Alive, cant say I have heard of the other though, cheers Ill look it up. Also I may get Alive because like I say films don't do them justice.

What's to latch onto? :confused:

No-one would point the finger at anyone if they reacted in the way you suggest during the darkest days. I'm sure the media will in time want to know the juicy details of what happened in the first period, but it would not be a surprise, it just adds to the admiration at the way they succeeded in pulling through and facing down the demons.

I woke up this morning and this story was still in my head, it's astonishing how it's got to people. By people I mean me at least.

money is what gets latched on to.media are very cunning people they need to sell papers, if the miners don't stick together and start selling seperate stories then they'll be a lot of latching on to,on both sides.

Edited by medusa
fixed tags- please don't delete tag markings in future

No, you would have been starters :D

Seriously, If I was in that mine I would have seriously considered eating someone,

why? they had enough food?

why? they had enough food?

Did they ?

So before they knew the out side world was aware of them they had loads of grub ?

I thought they were sharing tins of tuna or something ?

Would they have know they would get re-supplied ?

How long was it before anyone made contact with them ?

Did they ?

So before they knew the out side world was aware of them they had loads of grub ?

well they had a supply hole dint they, they had stuff dropped down to them, im sure food wouldve come before the video camera?

It is because of the sordid, senational ideas that some unfortunates have that the miners were released from hospital in secret.

To protect them from the likes of vile specimens as are posting here recently.

Did they ?

17 days, but they are men, and comrades, not animals, and such thoughts of acting like savages will never have crossed their minds.

17 days, but they are men, and comrades, not animals, and such thoughts of acting like savages will never have crossed their minds.
How can you make that proclamation ?

You ever been stuck down a mine with it looking like it was going to be your tomb have you ?

Of cause you maybe right when it comes to the official line on it now they are out, but I bet a few of them thought 'who we going to eat first then ?' :hihi:

That's why I hope they do a warts and all story on it to give us a true insight to human nature rather than what people would want to hear them say, have it without a gloss on it.