Chilean miners-all 33 rescued! Joy!

That's the headline we are waiting for, Cameron found blue.

I like this Chilean president, he seems to have charisma and conviction, and I can imagine him being easy to want to elect.

The last person I thought of like this was President Obama, and he has turned out a good bloke.

Why haven't we got anyone that seems trustworthy or stands out like that ?

Even the new Labour leader seems a damp squib and won't charm the skin off a rice pudding.

Because non of them dare make a move without the approval of the Dirty Digger.

He has it sewn up as far elections are concerned in this country.

What Murdoch says, is what goes.

No matter what happens in this country, it has to be passed by Rupert Murdoch, otherwise it is finished.

Every government from the nameless one to now has dependend on him to gain them power.

They do his bidding.

Chilean president to visit Cameron.

Pro-mining president meets the leader of a party whose legacy was the murder of mining.

Pro-mining president meets the leader of a party whose legacy was the murder of mining.

Im not sure he is pro-mining, but he has done a lot more for miners welfare with the rescue of just 33 blokes than could be claimed by one ex Tory leader.

There's a Panorama about all this, at 8.30 if anyone's interested.

One thing that received criticism from some of the miners was the attitude of the authorities in the long wait between discovery and rescue. One miner was slagging off the psychologists pretty much as soon as he appeared above ground. I read at the weekend that it was a deliberate tactic - a tip from NASA in how to corral the frustrations of a remote crew in a small space. By being just annoying enough towards them, the captive charges are more likely to unite and direct the focus of their irritations at the powers that be rather than each other. Neat trick.

One thing that received criticism from some of the miners was the attitude of the authorities in the long wait between discovery and rescue. One miner was slagging off the psychologists pretty much as soon as he appeared above ground. I read at the weekend that it was a deliberate tactic - a tip from NASA in how to corral the frustrations of a remote crew in a small space. By being just annoying enough towards them, the captive charges are more likely to unite and direct the focus of their irritations at the powers that be rather than each other. Neat trick.

Oooh, that is a neat trick indeed and so obvious when you think about it.

I saw that Panorama was about this and will be watching, I hope that I don't start crying again!

Ha ha! Does Geoff pay Worjackie, then?

Thanks for the heads up, will watch on catch up - I was too busy hissing at Sir Philip Green, Cameron's buddy, and the hundreds of millions of taxes he avoids on Dispatches.

Very moving, I started to well up again.:( Edison and his colleagues have a long road ahead of them. That poor father who had 2 sons trapped, I cannot imagine what he must have gone through, I somehow missed that story in all the reportage. It was heart breaking to see him blaming himself for not having been able to provide them with a better education.

I think you've all been sucked in by the biggest reality tv show yet .there was a earthquake 8 months ago 500 people killed anybody remember where ...chile, not much in the media about that then ,no free trips for victims relatives to r.madrid or man u...no 300 oakly sunglasses for that lot to wear staggering around in the aftermath.oakly have already grossed 41 million in advertizeing just from the miners wearing them coming out of the mine....can't wait for the film.."the first 17 days " starring bruce willis as the foreman and keith richards as one of the survivors.

Edited by johncocker

I think you've all been sucked in by the biggest reality tv show yet .there was a earthquake 8 months ago 500 people killed anybody remember where ...chile, not much in the media about that then ,no free trips for victims relatives to r.madrid or man u...no 300 oakly sunglasses for that lot to wear staggering around in the aftermath.oakly have already grossed 41 million in advertizeing just from the miners wearing them coming out of the mine....can't wait for the film.."the first 17 days " starring bruce willis as the foreman and keith richards as one of the survivors.

I disagree. I personally find it distressing to follow disaster coverage and don't go out of my way to watch any of it. This, however, was completely different, for once we had a positive outcome and I only started to watch it after the safe release of the first few miners, when it was apparent that the rescue mission was a success. Had it all ended in tears then I would not have watched last night's programme.

I disagree. I personally find it distressing to follow disaster coverage and don't go out of my way to watch any of it. This, however, was completely different, for once we had a positive outcome and I only started to watch it after the safe release of the first few miners, when it was apparent that the rescue mission was a success. Had it all ended in tears then I would not have watched last night's programme.

what was last nights programme?

what was last nights programme?

It featured a brief history of the mine and its poor health and safety record, including one miner who'd lost his leg as a result of a rock fall, a few months prior to the collapse. It also followed the rescue effort and experiences of the miners whilst trapped underground, in particular one miner by the name of Edison and his girlfriend.