Really Bad Tiling Job Advise please

Just having a new bathroom , the tiler has done a bad job mitres are shocking and the gaps between tiles are all different ! he is back tomorrow to finnish

going to tell him not to do anymore and not pay him

but then what over £1000 of tiles !

ouch...perhaps checking some of his work out first would have been wise?

Good luck with the problem :-(

A friend of mine used him but his was an easy tiling job now i think about it

my friend lives on sandygate s10 that may be the other reason its good !

the plumber said tell him whats wrong and to get it put right but if he cannot do it right in the first place

was thinking dont pay him .... get an independant report on the job ..take him to small claims for cost of tiles etc ....get someone else in to do the job !

Edited by denise853b

just because where your friend lives shouldnt make it a better job. any decent tilers should do a good job whether its in dore or pitsmoor(not knocking pitsmoor either )tell him your not happy and see what he says then either get rid of him and get someone whos recommended and whos work you have seen

A friend of mine used him but his was an easy tiling job now i think about it my friend lives on sandygate s10 that may be the other reason its good !

the plumber said tell him whats wrong and to get it put right but if he cannot do it right in the first place

was thinking dont pay him .... get an independant report on the job ..take him to small claims for cost of tiles etc ....get someone else in to do the job !

Not on is it. Was it someone who answered a post on the Forum?

Good luck.

Can anyone recommend a tiler that will come and do the job ...! and yes i want to see his work first !

Can anyone recommend a tiler that will come and do the job ...! and yes i want to see his work first !

We do tiling. Based in Fulwood - S10.

Text me your address and when you would like someone to call. Quote the Forum.

Rob

07950 352 719

Springvale Building and Landscapes

http://www.springvale-sheffield.webeden.co.uk

Hi Denise853B,

Sorry you got into this fix,its not easy but if he can't do it ,then don't pay.I know its easy to say this but he shouldn't have started if he's no good.I can come and have a look what can be done and give you a quote to sort it.I can advise you even if you choose someone else.I do have loads of recomendations from Sheff Forum as well as elsewhere( a lot of tiling ).I also have recommendations on Sheff Forum Recommended Tradesmen (of which the most recent one was tiling a bathroom).Give me a call and I will come and see you,no obligation.I am available this week.

Thanks and good luck

Neville

hi i recommend john harwood tiling services. he did my kitchen and bathroom, and i use him on ALL my jobs. his quality is excellent and so are his prices

hi try ian earnshaw, he,s wok is always spot on and clean sorry to hear of this ta jeff

sorry to but in but i got a bathroom wall thats need done just a wee bit off tiling done it onece and the tills fell off because its on wood up that side off the wall anyone got any idears to fix it

Its never good to hear about poor tradesmen and it puts you in a very difficult position.

Paul, I'm supprised they fell off unless, the "wood" is varnished or has a shiny finish. Give it a coat of diluted pva about an hour before you put the adhesive on and it should be fine.