Do you believe in Hell? Then listen to this!

It's long-winded, but have a read of this then listen to what according to the website, is the sound of hell.

WARNING: If you are easily shocked, then do not press on the link.

http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

Then let me know what you think.

Pile of crap. Sorry, but I do not approve of religious types who feel the need to try to frighten others into believing in something. Christians seem to be especially good at it.

We don't seem to have many Christians on this forum do we? Or if we do, then they should be praised because they generally keep their religious viewpoints to themselves.

We don't seem to have many Christians on this forum do we? Or if we do, then they should be praised because they generally keep their religious viewpoints to themselves.

Probably just as well if that's the response they're gonna meet.

I'm mildly offended and I'm not even religious.

Unfortunately I don't have real player and on work's comp so cant listen to "the sound of hell". Sounds distinctly like a load of crap to me.

JBee - Why are you jumping the gun?

I'm certainly not putting pressure on anyone to adhere to any particular religion. Far from it. I can't even remember where I got the link from but I found it interesting to say the least.

I've put it on here simply for people's opinions, whether those opinions be a 'pile of crap' or whatever else.

You're welcome to your opinions like the rest of us!

Urban myth I think: http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.htm

This legend is quite popular among Christian groups as it "proves" Hell (and therefore God) exists. Popular endings to the story have it that the scientists ran screaming Hell! from the site, or that since the discovery conversions to Christianity are occurring at an unprecedented rate.

If there is a Hell under Siberia, scientists have yet to discover it. What we have here is an enthralling legend that's been spun off an actual event.

In 1984, an article about an experimental well in Russia's Kola Peninsula appeared in Scientific American. The Kola well reached 12 kilometers into the ground, where scientists encountered rare rock formations, flows of gas and water, and temperatures up to 180°. (That's 180°, folks, not the 2,000° usually reported in any "Scientists Discover Hell!" screed. It was hot, but it wasn't hellishly so.)

Those who did the actual drilling of this very real well did not break through to a hollow centre, and certainly no piteous screams of the damned were heard. That part — all of it — was pure embellishment added after this real event was turned into a legend. (Yes, we know that any number of web sites offer audio clips purporting to be the screams of the damned as recorded in the Well to Hell, and all of them sound like they could be the noise from a typical bar on a busy Friday evening.)

etc etc ...

I am no expert on theology, but I always understood that the message of Christianity was repent for one's sins, accept Christ , and thus avoid the other fellow and his hot place. We'd better get repenting and accept the Lord, and quick about it, if that link is anything to go by. Cue the anorak-wearing, moist-eyed, Evangelical guitarists and Recorder players, and all together now, 'Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, a sunbeam, a sunbeam etc'...

lol, i love that caption under the earth diagram "notice the fire in the earth" - conclusive proof of hell that!

Originally posted by AndrewC

lol, i love that caption under the earth diagram "notice the fire in the earth" - conclusive proof of hell that!

that and "the centre of the Earth contains brimstone, as described in the bible" - more conclusive proof.

Originally posted by Ousetunes

It's long-winded, but have a read of this then listen to what according to the website, is the sound of hell.

WARNING: If you are easily shocked, then do not press on

Then let me know what you think.

i"ll tell you what i know.....hell is an anglo saxon word=meaning 'to bury'as in you planted a potatoe you helled it.most things christian were stolen from the pagans

It seems to be very typical christian extremism, from those who think the moral values of the biblical parables are not getting through to people.

Looking to science to back up their interpretation of the bible is also pretty normal to a lot of christian groups.

Giving your kids nightmares doesn't sound very christian.

Event Horizon the film, which is all about finding hell somewhere in space, has a part at the start whcih is by far the scariest bit. A guy pulls out a walkman on which he plays a tape of sounds picked up over the radio system from the lost ship. THis is the sound of hell. Its a very good noise and gives a great sense of suspense. Just shows what you can do messing about with sound files these days...