S.b.hoggs removals

the hamston thread above the driver of this lorry was Bernard

Hi Bibby1

I worked for Wilcock removals. When SB Hogg bought them out.

I went to work in the office of SB Hogg on Rutland Road.

I remember your dad Brian and quite a few of the other drivers and mates.

A great crowd, with lots of removal tales to tell.

SB Hoggs were bought by Pickfords in the 80s and we all moved to Brightside Lane. My name is Anita.

Would be nice to here from anyone who remembers me.

I know this is a bit late in posting, We are related to the Hoggs, it is my father in laws great uncle that ran the company and his uncle drove for them, Stewart Eason. My fatehr in law used to go and help, Rodger Eason. We are just doing our family tree and would love to hear from people who might be able to pass on information.

Regards

I just noticed this advert. in the programme for the "Spring Fayre" at Wadsley Methodist Church in 1938. The 1942 Kelly's Directory shows "Bernard Hogg, furniture dealer" on Proctor Place and "John T. Hogg, motor haulage contractor" at 7 Palm Street. Going further back, the 1911 census return shows John Thomas Hogg, then aged 38, a "removal contractor" living at 7 Palm Street. His son Bernard, then aged 9 months, was presumably the furniture dealer who later traded from Proctor Place.

Bernards dad was called Samual W Hogg, not John Thomas Hogg. He is one of our relatives. And he had the company before before him.

hi bibby sorry to hear about your dad i was brians work mate for many years we had some good times at hoggs and some bad not many hoggs men left now do you know if doug the fitter is still alive my name is mick griffin

Hi Mick, My father in law has advised me that doug passed away in 1994. My father in laws dad and uncle was Norman and Stewart Eason. Rodger says he hopes you remember him and says hi.

Hi I used to work at Hoggs with Brian & his son Steve also Mick, Eric, Stewart, Norman & his Wife Eva, George & many more, 1steve1

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 00:15 ----------

I know this is a bit late in posting, We are related to the Hoggs, it is my father in laws great uncle that ran the company and his uncle drove for them, Stewart Eason. My fatehr in law used to go and help, Rodger Eason. We are just doing our family tree and would love to hear from people who might be able to pass on information.

Regards

Stewarts brother Norman & his wife Eva also worked there

Hi Mick, My father in law has advised me that doug passed away in 1994. My father in laws dad and uncle was Norman and Stewart Eason. Rodger says he hopes you remember him and says hi.

hi middy20 am a bit late in reply to your post only just seen it today , sorry i dont remember rodger but do remember stewart and norman eason i also remember an old guy there called harry turton he used to go in the office every night and get a half crown sub of his wages for a pint of beer and the star paper on his way home i also remember going on removals with bernard hogg and him telling me not to call him mr hogg otherwise we would not get a tip at the end of the job if the customer knew he was the boss he still took half the tip if we got one (tight get) happy days

Hi does any one have any pictures of the removal company called s.b.hoggs which was on rutland road sheffield can any one help me as i need a photo of one of the removal lorries as ive just lost my dad ive just got in toutch with a very good friend of my dad called mick griffin but he as no pics please can any one help thank you all

Hi sorry I don't have any pics but I know mick griffin and his brother chris I would like to contact them as they were childhood friends I have not seen for years if your out there mick please get in touch by the way your dad used to call me hinchy thanks

Did Hogg's have anything to do with the garage and filling station at the Toll Bar, corner of Barnsley and Pitsmoor Roads?

I knew a Johnnie Hogg who lived in Crosspool late 60's. Can't remember his Dad's Christian name but he would have been born around 1920. Can't remember what his job was but he could have a connection with the removal firm.

Hi.

My Dad & myself both worked for 'Hoggys' up until the closure. My Dad's name was Neil Bradshaw, & I'm Paul Bradshaw. We worked as mechanics, although I did do a few removals in addition. I remember Brian Hefferen & his son Steve, Brian was a smashing chap. Other drivers included Pete Wild, Stuart & Norman Eason, & Eva; Big Arthur, (egg on legs) 'ginger' Colin, Eric Ward, & Tommy Green. 50% of our time was spent repairing (Bun) Bernard's Lancia Beta HPE. A total rust bucket.There was also Fred Abson, a lovely bloke, & his wife Reene, a snobbish woman. Mrs Hogg & her daughter Christine were lovely natured people, unlike Tim Abson, who I thought of as a 'slimy creep'. I miss those days working there. Most of the staff were great people.

Edited by Yorks Reaper