Speed Vans - Do they Flash and Which Way?

I was thinking about flaming, but then I thought, nah.

Why waste my time, when I can just laff at he hypocrasy and naivety that the original poster used.

It don't matter if your 2mph above the limit. Your breaking the law, just like druggies and theives. . . hehehe. .

I think considering how many miles over the limit i was doing, would put me in a far lighter category than druggies and thieves, thanks. Laugh all you want, i hope it throws you off your Mr/Mrs Perfect highhorse.

Besides, even though i legally deserve a fine and points, doesnt mean i want them and i would rather go without thanks.

Makes no odds, breaking the law is breaking the law. . .

doesn't matter if you do it a bit or a lot. . your still doing something illegal and no matter how much you justify it. . your still a criminal. . .

. . p.s don't think im on a high horse, Im just pointing our the ammount of hypocrasy of joe public here. .

I bet you download or have downloaded one single song at present or in the past. Thats illegal, therefore you can fit into the category as well.

hehehe. . . dude. . i smoke (not fags), download the occasional album and accept that both these activities are breaking the law. Full stop.

What I don't do, is think im only breaking the law a little bit or a lot or gauge at all the level of "criminality" at all. . .

Now do you see my point. . . ?

Originally posted by JohnnyBoi

I think considering how many miles over the limit i was doing, would put me in a far lighter category than druggies and thieves, thanks. Laugh all you want, i hope it throws you off your Mr/Mrs Perfect highhorse.

Besides, even though i legally deserve a fine and points, doesnt mean i want them and i would rather go without thanks.

considering the amount of miles over the limit you were doing could be the difference in if someone lived or dies if you had struck them then maybe you should think!!!

Originally posted by JohnnyBoi

Well nothing came through after all.

Congratulations! :)

Read through this thread to pick up hints on how to beat the illegitimate sons of she-dogs otherwise known as 'The Safety Camera Partnership', in future! ;)

johnnyboi,

i was done on bawtry road in wickersley. No flash, didn't even see the camera. It wasn't the fixed ones up near the tanyard, it was hiding just beyond where they've out the new traffic lights in. Be warned. i was doing 44mph in a 40mph.

Originally posted by SHsheff

How can they flash once you've passed, as they're pointing towards you and thus can't see your rear number plate?

Not being smart here, it's a matter of some interest to me too. There's one that lurks on Chesterfield Road up near the Meadowhead roundabout!

I would doubt that they flash towards you as this could leave the police opern to the accusation of causing an accident.I think it is more likely that they track your rate of progress towards them by a seiries of infa red "shots" then snap yer rear plate as you pass. Also, the one that is on the parkway is possibly parked illegally, clearway - no stopping except in auth. places ie layby's.Ther is also one that parks on the pavement just down from city rd cem. This my also be breaking the law by blocking the pavement and this is an urban clearway with no parking or unloading restrictions in place. phew!

WELL, now that the speed camera farce is over, i did have an accident in my car on the Ecclesall road roundabout. I was wanting to go straight on from Ecclesall road so i was in the left lane. It was yesterday so very busy. The middle lane was more or less packed with traffic and a car was wanting to take the left exit so he decided to pull out so he could use my lane to drive up. Unfortunately i had already set off when he changed his position and he went into the side of me. Have contacted insurance company but neither of us is admitting liability. Will have to see what they say when they decide who was at fault.

The van on the parkway was occasionally on the verge after the manor park turn off with the rear doors open, it had to be checking oncoming traffic as the road bends right away from the van as you pass. It wouldn't flash as you can't flash into someone's eyes!