• Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Or not..

LOL... to20 See how protective you get when someone spits about Ecclesall?? Well you know how I feel when people do it CONSTANTLY. What riles me even more is the fact that it's more than likely a very stereotypical view of the Manor that they have!! I can really say that I don't reckon much to Ecclesall, I've worked there, in a school actually, and a few of the people there don't seem that friendly. Not much of a welcoming place really... the community spirit on the Manor area is much MUCH higher than places of, let's say, higher earners. I really don't think I could live anywhere other than where I live now.. its where my heart is, as is probably the situation with u to2o!

Chloé

Define "community spirit".

Well, where I'm from, community spirit... helping out when need be, communicating when things need to be done, cuppa sugar here and theer, talking at a bus stop, being friendly, not constantly trying to outdo the person living next to you. I experienced a lot of these in Ecclesall and Dore. Please don't make Ecclesall out to be the Shiny part of Sheffield, because that's like saying Skegness is the new Costa Del Sol!

Chloé

People do talk at bus stops and in shops. Neighbours usually help each other out. I don't see how its unfriendly round here. The only difference is there are a lot less incidents of vandals setting cars alight, putting bricks through windows, smashing car windows, etc etc. I'd say that was friendlier, not less friendly. Please don't make the Manor out to be the shiny part of sheffield, because thats like saying Kenya is the new USA.

I never said that about the Manor... infact I wouldn't even try to suggest it because I know what people think about it. No, maybe YOU haven't experienced bricks through your windows , car break-ins and what have yer, but I know some who have. And no... they don't burn the cars out at Ecclesall, they pinch them from there and dump them here! Your views on the Manor make me wonder whether you think that there's always someone watching you round here, ready to jump you the minute your backs turned, or something always going on. Fortunately, the things that do happen round here are done by a minority and not a majority. Also, things are being done to put a stop to the things that are happening around here. And actually, a young lad from round here is going for tea with the Queen soon!! For his work in the community. Community!

Chloé

Well, as long as you're happy who cares. I much prefer it round here though. Better schools, bigger gardens, more parks, more woods, near peak district, nicer houses, tree lined roads, little graffiti, less crime, friendly neighbours, etc etc. Each to their own.

Don't think I could agree FULLY with the better school things. The schools round here aren't too bad. All Saints catholic school just down Granville Road, St Oswalds on the Wybourn is a good school too!! I think you'll find that it's the kids that go there and not the school, although the 2 mentioned have decent kids (I was one! lol) It's the same all over. The kids at Silverdale, Birkdale etc etc aren't as innocent as most of you make out... mark my words!!

Chloé

I was basing the schools thing on exam results, which is fact not opinion. Silverdale is indeed one of the TOP state schools in the whole country.

Also a military camp. All work no play. Silverdale aren't bothered about the kids there... just the exam results. Obviously their methods are working, but that doesn't necassarily mean they're morally right! The kids there... more druggies in that school than the whole of the Manor area!

Chloé

Originally posted by "Chloe"

Also a military camp. All work no play. Silverdale aren't bothered about the kids there... just the exam results. Obviously their methods are working, but that doesn't necassarily mean they're morally right! The kids there... more druggies in that school than the whole of the Manor area!

Chloé

Perhaps you'd like to produce some statistics to back up your libel?

I don't need statistics! The kids parents give em money to get the stuff!! I have friends who go to that school. Also, changing the subject ever so slightly, can't the kids at these schools get a bus home like other kids?? I'm sick to death of sitting on the bus for a whole hour while some parent comes rushing back to their car (phone and briefcase in hand) after looking for their kid.. all after they've parked their cars behind the COACHES that have to pick them up. When I was at school, I caught the bus there and back and got home much quicker than those who wait around for parents.

Chloé