Council housing sham

why does sheffield council advertise housing which has allready being allocated to someone .reading the letters page of the star other night someone knows that this property was allready given out before it was advertised in the property mag. so why do they advertise it knowing full well that this would be giving some people high hopes of getting the said property when in fact its allready been took .

I've just read this letter

:o

Not fair is it? Although, doesn't surprise me. There's nothing really in it for them though (the council) so suppose they just don't care.

im wanting to move into a council property and have 4 children and have been told that i only qualify for a 2 bedroom flat or masionette as i dont claim benefits for any of the children. what kind of rubbish is that. ?

Edited by glyn75

im wanting to move into a council property and have 4 children and have been told that i only qualify for a 2 bedroom flat or masionette as i dont claim benefits for any of the children. what kind of ******** is that. ?

More benefit = more rent.

HMO's all the way in Sheff.

im wanting to move into a council property and have 4 children and have been told that i only qualify for a 2 bedroom flat or masionette as i dont claim benefits for any of the children. what kind of ******** is that. ?

Weird.... what kind of benefits do they mean? Didn't know they took benefits into account thats all. They haven't for us.

Magazines have print lead times and obviously you wouldn't expect to be refused a vacant property because the magazine hadn't come out yet.

With nearly a hundred thousand on the waiting list it's sensible to not to set your heart on something until you know that it is available.

Are the children with you full time?

The benefit in this case is child benefit. The children should have their full time home with the parent who gets child benefit on their behalf. The council can't give every couple who don't live together but have children a family sized council home. There is such a shortage of social housing, you'll be doing well to get a flat!

If you really want a larger property, then private renting will give you all the choice you need.

More benefit = more rent.

Not in this case, please see my previous post.

Not in this case, please see my previous post.

I was thinking it a bit strange for the council to require benefits.

why does sheffield council advertise housing which has allready being allocated to someone .reading the letters page of the star other night someone knows that this property was allready given out before it was advertised in the property mag. so why do they advertise it knowing full well that this would be giving some people high hopes of getting the said property when in fact its allready been took .

Which property? You haven't given any details of it so it's hard to discuss the actual topic.

But seeing as they don't publish the house number of a property, and the pictures aren't of the actual property, they're just there to give a representation of the type of property it is, then can it not be that someone's just got confused? Say that someone got a property that was advertised the week before, on the same street, with the same photo, but has a different reference number to the one advertised the next week?

its better to read the letter itself, sheffield star website....

The person who wrote in saw these people waiting outside the house instructing the builders etc and the tenants told them the council are still advertising the house on the website as a formality