First pub you went in and how old

The first pub i went in on my own age 13 was the Oxford House corner of Moor Street Clarence Lane i was caught with two other friends same age 13 in the Dog & Partridge Trippet Lane and appeared in juvenile court Nursery Street the magistrate was none two pleased i can tell you neither was my old DAD ( RIP ) the new saying your grounded doesn't fit the way i was dealt with i was up in the air for a long time i can tell you anyone with a similar story.

First pub was my Dads local.....with my Dad..aged 17.

He lied, and I agreed.:hihi:

First fag........I was up in the air longer than you.:hihi:

............spent a lot of time at the Waggon and Horses Millhouses as my father was a (very) regular customer. First 'dressy up' was the Hare and Hounds in Dore aged 16. Anyone remember the 'Dog' bar men only, and the little glass collector called Daz, if you remember him you will know why he had that nick name!!!!1

twas the Travellers at Wadsley Bridge.....was only 14 :o was in 1975

was only drinking coke though:suspect:

I never got asked my age in a pub

but got asked my age when buying a packet of fags for my gran in a supermarket...wouldnt mind but I was 20 at the time :roll:

was in the Freemasons bottom of Walkley lane 1959 when I was 14. Three of us went in the back yard and ordered 3 halves thro the serving hatch. The bad news was that there was a swimming gala at the basths next door and a couple of teachers from our school spotted us...

15 years old----the Rockingham Arms [ ? ] on Rockingham Street. We used to send the tallest of our gang to the bar and about 5 of us used to sit in a little back room, hoping the Law wouldn 't pop in. The barman [ or landlord ? ] was an old geezer we called ' Pop ' with shaking hands and rheumy eyes----I suppose that 's how we got away with being served so easily !

I assume you mean the first pub you went in without adult supervision? For me that was the Princess Royal at Woodhouse Mill, aged 16.

Pheasant I think it's called on the right going from Fox house to Froggat. 12 or 13 then half fare home on the bus reaking of beer.

Might have been 2 bob a pint I'm not sure.

The first pub i went in on my own age 13 was the Oxford House corner of Moor Street Clarence Lane i was caught with two other friends same age 13 in the Dog & Partridge Trippet Lane and appeared in juvenile court Nursery Street the magistrate was none two pleased i can tell you neither was my old DAD ( RIP ) the new saying your grounded doesn't fit the way i was dealt with i was up in the air for a long time i can tell you anyone with a similar story.

Me too at 13, it was the South Seas in Broomhill, we were chucked out after trying to buy beer-so the first legitimate, (illegitimate) drink was in the Bell Hagg when I was about 15.

Me too at 13, it was the South Seas in Broomhill, we were chucked out after trying to buy beer-so the first legitimate, (illegitimate) drink was in the Bell Hagg when I was about 15.

Was that when John and Sandra Harrop ran the South Seas?

The Prince of Wales at the top of Carter Knowle Rd aged about 14. There was a little police station opposite and we figured the police would think that no one under age would be daft enough to go in a pub so close to a police station! We could also get served in the Highcliffe,The Hammer and the Hare and Hounds at Dore. First underage pubs in town were the Albert,the Wap and the Minerva.Looking back at photos of me at that age I think the landlords must have been as drunk as we were or they couldn't see through the smoke!

Timbertop shirecliffe 15 felt like 10 men when i got served!