Ronksley history

Thanks ...Yes he's my uncle ...my father's brother

Hi anyone heard of the Ronksley family?found a link at Fulwood and at High Bradfield Church - my mum is researching it at archives and just thought would mention on here in case anyone has any interest or local knowledge thanks :-)

I'm a Ronksley, my uncle has researched the family and found people in Australia.

Edited by leanneronks

An ice cream man called Mr Ronksley used to come down our street in High Green. His ice cream was the best. I think he retired and his brother took over. That was some time ago though. Double 99 with 2 flakes, hundreds and thousands and red sauce, - great.

Same Phil Ronksley still going round High Green, been going round for over 40 years, don't think he will ever retire.

John Ronksley is indeed still going strong at 70 and lives in Hillsborough. In the 1950s/60s his parents Jack and Vera (also still going strong as far as I know, now aged 93 and 90) sold ice cream at weekends for Jack Clayton of Haden Street, and John later went into the business. He's the nicest bloke you could hope to meet (always good for a few broken cornets :P) and a "regular" at the Hope car boot sales!

The family has its origins in the Bradfield area, and "Ronksley Moor" can be found on the OS map, above Howden Reservoir. I'm sure that more information on Ronksley roots could be obtained at the "Family History Day" to be held in the village hall at Low Bradfield on Sunday 24 October, from 10 am to 4 pm.

Sadly Vera passed away last year, but Jack is still going strong. John ronksley has researched the family tree and has traced Ronksley's in Australia. My dad Phil the middle son is still selling icecream in Chapletown.

Edited by leanneronks

Yes - Trevor's parents were Jack and Vera. They had three boys - John (b. 1940), Philip (1944) and Trevor (1947). I think Jack is still going strong at 93 and lives at Wadsley.

Jack still going strong and living in Wadsley. John and Trevor in Sheffield and Phil in Barnsley. I'm Jacks granddaughter

Thanks ...Yes he's my uncle ...my father's brother

I'm Phil's youngest daughter. Jack now has lots of grandchildren and greatchildren and it continues to grow!!

John Ronksley has researched the family tree, let me know if you want any info. Leanne

I'm part of the American Ronksleys. Ancestry.com has our history back to 1254 (I think - lost my notes on that). I visited Bradfield in 2006 and can't wait to come back. There's a "family day" in Bradfield? Anyone have the date for that in 2011?

Hi tironksley - Bradfield's annual "Family History Day" is held on a Sunday in October. This year's event will be on 23 October - here is a link to the Bradfield Village Hall site, and here is a list of events in Bradfield in the coming months.

Thanks for the reply. 24-Oct won't work for me but maybe something else on the calendar will.

I'm part of the American Ronksleys. Ancestry.com has our history back to 1254 (I think - lost my notes on that). I visited Bradfield in 2006 and can't wait to come back. There's a "family day" in Bradfield? Anyone have the date for that in 2011?

Hello.

I am part of the New Zealand Ronksleys,

I should go to the UK some time.:thumbsup: