Any information about Painted Fabrics estate?

Originally posted by katey_h23

Hello

I live opposite Park Hill, near Bard Street, it is a good area, pretty quiet and we've not had any trouble. There are a few older people living around here, and its very close to where your friend lives now - so just across the road from the shops etc. Its nice and close to town - in a little pocket of a nice area.

Do you know what the plans are with Park Hill? We were told they were doing a massive refurbishment next year, putting plastic fronts to the building - similar to the high rise flats near Broomhill. Is this true?

I can't see that happening, personally, as it's a listed building... The council can't even do exterior work on it without english heritage getting forms in quintiplicate and god-all knows what else!

Pity...

(maybe that was one of the typically unfeasible ideas mooted in the £40m scheme to make the place upmarket and "desireable")

Plain Talker

This is off-topic, but...

I recently read the Park Hill flats complex is the largest listed building in the UK. Imagine that on "Who wants to be a Millionaire?": "What is the largest memorial site in the UK? a) Blenheim Palace, b) Wentworth Woodhouse, c) Park Hill Flats or d) Windsor Castle.

Hmm. Sheffield tops again. Thank God we're not from Hull!