Maltby private house investigation - real activity

Lol how many times do i need to tell you i am not a ghost hunter!! i dont hunt ghosts.. like people hunt animals, fish, Hunt is the wrong word.

i am a paranormal investigator.. i investigate into the paranormal.. hunt and investigator are two different words :P

and on every investigation we do bebunk... we have a skeptic who litrely debunks everything which is good.

Slag off people who think differently to them?

Or mock people who do absolutely ridiculous things? The OP is a 'ghost hunter' for pete's sake, of course he's going to get mocked.

Think as differently as you like, just don't make nonsense claims about being scientific like mr Steer.

So Lee, any chance you could tell us what hypothesis you were testing on this 'investigation' and how you attempted to disprove it?

PR's Skeptic Review.

Maltby House Paranormal Investigation by project-reveal. An analysis of reported phenomena with considerations.

Main Bedroom.

Reports of bed banging every night. Bed is reported as being hard to move as it forms part of unit consisting of built in wardrobes.

The fact that the bed makes noises during the night could be down to several reasons not necessarily of supernatural origin. Movement of occupants, loose internal fixing and external vibration being three that initially come to mind.

A window has been reported to open on its own whilst nobody was in the property. Windows can open without human assistance for a number of reasons. The most common is air pressure differentials/equalisation within a property. I've witnessed this myself on many occasions and it's quite unnerving. Doors opening and closing are also caused by the same process.

Kids Bedroom.

Both children on previous occasions have reported conversations with an old woman in their bedroom. This could stem from the active imaginations of young children. Most small children at some point create imaginary friends, in most cases these are benign in nature but the form these imaginary friends take can be heavily influenced by culture and media. Children can often blur the line between reality and fantasy and like adults are prone to both Hypnogogic and Hypnopompic states.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4841646/One-in-five-young-children-have-imaginary-friends.html

http://www.ivillage.com/should-you-worry-about-your-childs-imaginary-friend/6-n-146009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

There is also the recognised phenomenon known as Folie a deux where a delusion or imagination is shared by one or more people. Which could explain why the children may independently describe and report the same imaginary friend for what we may mistake for a spirit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_à_deux

Living Room/Stairs.

Ashtray reported to move location whilst room was empty.

Using the principle of Occams Razor the simplest explanation for this could be that the object didn't move and the witnesses were mistaken. Since the occupants were in the kitchen and no one saw this ashtray move we cannot conclusively say one way or another other than suggest that it is possibly an error of human perception.

Base Readings.

Base readings are a relative measurement that are supposed to compare a benchmark of occasions when no activity is present against times when activity is experienced. The science behind base reading and the equipment used such as EMF meters and recording equipment is controversial and on most occasions data gathered from these devices is liable to outside interference with it's interpretation subject to confirmation bias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

The Investigation/Results Write Up.

project-reveal reports that during the course of setting up and interviewing 'strange things' started to happen such as a noise coming from some cling film that was wrapped around food. The cling film is reported to have made a noise,. This in itself is not an indication of paranormal activity and again, applying the principle of Occams Razor is more likely due to misperception, for example, the sound heard may not have actually come from the cling film but from some other source misinterpreted as the cling film.

As the interview progressed the camera is reported to have changed colour - again I'm assuming the image on the digital display changed to red or a red cast not the camera itself. This is a technical anomaly possibly related to a malfunction in the chip array in the camera. The fact that it happened at the time it did in a location that has reported paranormal activity is most likely purely co-incidental and it's significance may be subject to confirmation bias although project-reveal do acknowledge this as a technical glitch.

Further into the interview the client began to feel sick. No real comment here and I don't think this is being suggested as being related to the activity that the team were there to investigate, however there is a danger that it's mere inclusion will be misinterpreted as being linked in some way to the events as a whole.

During a Seance the camera was seen to move. presumably a tripod resting on the floor. This could be the result of it being knocked accidentally and the person responsible not being aware of doing so or it could be due to a shifting in the carpet or flooring material or even the underlying floorboards or flooring structure.

Orbs are also reported - again, presumably on film. Orbs have been proven (by camera manufacturers) to be dust/moisture often close to the lens and illuminated by flash and are highly unlikely to be evidence of spirit activity although like everything that has been reported in this case - genuine paranormal activity cannot be conclusively ruled out.

http://www.theorbzone.com/

A shadow is also reported moving past a door. Shadows have a variety of sources, usually caused by external or internal lights. The details provided are insufficient to speculate on what could have been responsible but a shadow is just a shadow and not indicative of a supernatural presence. Once again high expectancy and confirmation bias may be a factor in the sighting of a shadow.

Finally an EVP was captured. No further details on this are published. EVP's are open to subjective interpretation and have a number of possible causes (detailed in the link provided) - by far the least likely of which is communication from the dead.

http://www.skepdic.com/evp.html

Ends.

The above opinions on project-reveals investigation are my own and while the investigation seems to have yielded some interesting experiences it would be wrong to see these as confirmation that the property in question is haunted or experiencing activity of supernatural origin - not that project-reveal seems to advocating this as a definitive conclusion. However due to the use of a seance and glasswork (which may be a ouija board) it has to be assumed that a certain amount of expectancy and bias could have influenced the groups investigation.

A very useful link for investigators is detailed below.

http://www.radfordbooks.com/top5mistakes.pdf

well I find it all very interesting..............:)

Base Readings.

Base readings are a relative measurement that are supposed to compare a benchmark of occasions when no activity is present against times when activity is experienced. The science behind base reading and the equipment used such as EMF meters and recording equipment is controversial and on most occasions data gathered from these devices is liable to outside interference with it's interpretation subject to confirmation bias.

This would be especially true in Maltby when all the locals insist that all readings are measured in "distance from the Queens" :cool:

In all seriousness, FJ. Can you admit that there is a possibility that such things exist?
Of course, there is a possibility. It's just not probable enough to be taken seriously. There is also a possibility that Luke Skywalker and the force both exist and that all of the events detailed in Star Wars actually took place.

My mind is open to the possibility of either being true, but I will require extraordinary evidence to be convinced of such extraordinary claims.

For the third time now: Lee, you claim to conduct your investigations in a scientific manner.

With this in mind, any chance you could tell us what hypothesis you were testing on this 'investigation' and how you attempted to disprove it?

And, if you're so skeptical, why does the OP boast of 'real activity'?

Edited by flamingjimmy

All I can say is that it's extremely interesting about what people feel they can slag off.

If this was a Muslim event, NOT ONE of you would dare to make such a mockery.

Yet because it's not, it's open season.

Double standards, anyone?

I think it's time people took a long hard look at how they behave. You either have to allow all faiths equally or none of them. But I challenge the same people who've posted insults on here to do the same on ANY other race thread.

it never fails to amaze me how anti islamic angles appear from nowhere, some muslims believe in ghosts some don't - same

Maltby Private House Paranormal Investigation

Date: 14/05/2010

Investigators: Lee S, Nick, Simon, Lee M, Carole, Rachez,

Equipment: 3 CCTV camera’s, 2 Dictaphones, 2 camcorders, 1 k2 EMF meter, 1 emsog EMF meter,

Experiments: Séance, Glasswork, Strobe session,

Video Investigation: Yes 1 - 10 Parts.

Overview

Nicole and her boyfriend current house occupants had sent in various reports of paranormal activity such as:-

Main Bedroom -

Bed bangs almost every night while the homeowner is in bed, as she explained to me, it extremely hard to move the bed alone as it has built in wardrobes which sort of lock the bed in place.

- A window has opened on it's own on one occasion whilst nobody was in the house (homeowner was outside talking to a neighbour who witnessed it open)

Kids Bedroom

- Both children when younger have spoke about an old woman that used to communicate with them in a chair in the corner

Living Room/Stairs

- Ash tray has moved from the mantelpiece into the middle of the living room floor whilst homeowner and friend were in the kitchen

Base Readings

When project-reveal arrived on location, lee and simon started to setup for the interview, while the other members of Project-reveal went around doing base readings while the interview was taking place.

The base readings team had EMF meters, Sound level meters, and temperature meters, there job is to walk about and find all natural causes of EMF, which could result in paranormal activity also take sound readings while there is no one talking, and take temperature readings in every room. Here is what the base readings found to be natural causes.

Readings - Time of reading - Area of Readings - Cause of Reading

20+ mg 9:18 Main Bedroom Router - Alarm Clock

2.5 mg 9:25 Children’s Bedroom Boiler

2.5 mg 9:27 Door of Main BR Sky Dish

0.0 mg 9:31 Children’s Bedroom 2

35.4. db. 22c 9:15 Main Bedroom N/A

40.0 db. 23c 9:22 Children’s Bedroom N/A

36.0 db. 21 c 9:30 Children’s Bedroom 2 N/A

LEGEND: Sound = DB / Temp = C / EMF = MG

The Investigation / Results Write up

When project-reveal arrived on location lee and simon setup ready for the interview, while the others got the above base readings, while in mid interview strange happenings started to happen, to the left of the camera is some food with clingfilm wrapped around it.

While simon was talking to Nicole the clingfilm made a noise, Lee Steer who was behind the camera watched the filming shrivel, which I thought was abit strange after working in the pub trade many yeays and he has never witnessed anything like that due to the temperatures of the clingfilm or food.

The interview carried on, and suddenly the camera changed colour to like a dark red film… lee had to shout simon to hold the interview so he could fix the issue, on what he has never seen before, However it must be a camera glitch.

The interview carried on for like 10 - 15 mins longer and the client suddenly started to feel sick, and ill, so we turned off the camera,

After the interview and base readings, Project-reveal split up into 2 groups to investigate the house, all equipped with an EMF meter, Dictaphone, flash camera, and a camcorder, they took it in turns to investigate each and every room by doing evp sessions, EMF sessions, séances, and other activities..

After a few hours the groups changed locations and did the same again, to see more on what happened with the groups investigations please watch our videos for more info. Meanwhile after another few hours the groups joined back up for a big séance downstairs.

Everyone joined hands was all asking for anything paranormal to happen. Lee S, was to the right of the camcorder with a CCTV camera. And noticed a noise what sounded like someone knocking the camcorder, Lee shouted “did anyone just move the camcorder” Lee M, shouts no, there was no one around the camcorder..

Looking back on film Lee M informed me that the camcorders actually does move.. Nothing else significant happened on the night, intill the review of evidence came upon us which Lee M, reviewed the Camcorder footage and noticed 1. The camera shake, 2. Some orbs, 3. A shadow what moves past the door behind everyone!

Nick who does EVP noticed something interesting as well.. There was a voice captured which wasn’t any of ours..

It is unknown what the voice actually says some could only guess. Why don’t you take a look at our Results video and see for you self?

Overall This was a good Investigation.

who ya gonna call?

LEE STEER!!!!!

da da da da dur da

LEE STEER!!!

who ya gonna call?

LEE STEER!!!!!

da da da da dur da

LEE STEER!!!

how old are you :suspect:

Maltby Private House Paranormal Investigation

Date: 14/05/2010

Investigators: Lee S, Nick, Simon, Lee M, Carole, Rachez,

Equipment: 3 CCTV camera’s, 2 Dictaphones, 2 camcorders, 1 k2 EMF meter, 1 emsog EMF meter,

Experiments: Séance, Glasswork, Strobe session,

Video Investigation: Yes 1 - 10 Parts.

Overview

Nicole and her boyfriend current house occupants had sent in various reports of paranormal activity such as:-

Main Bedroom -

Bed bangs almost every night while the homeowner is in bed, as she explained to me, it extremely hard to move the bed alone as it has built in wardrobes which sort of lock the bed in place.

- A window has opened on it's own on one occasion whilst nobody was in the house (homeowner was outside talking to a neighbour who witnessed it open)

Kids Bedroom

- Both children when younger have spoke about an old woman that used to communicate with them in a chair in the corner

Living Room/Stairs

- Ash tray has moved from the mantelpiece into the middle of the living room floor whilst homeowner and friend were in the kitchen

Base Readings

When project-reveal arrived on location, lee and simon started to setup for the interview, while the other members of Project-reveal went around doing base readings while the interview was taking place.

The base readings team had EMF meters, Sound level meters, and temperature meters, there job is to walk about and find all natural causes of EMF, which could result in paranormal activity also take sound readings while there is no one talking, and take temperature readings in every room. Here is what the base readings found to be natural causes.

Readings - Time of reading - Area of Readings - Cause of Reading

20+ mg 9:18 Main Bedroom Router - Alarm Clock

2.5 mg 9:25 Children’s Bedroom Boiler

2.5 mg 9:27 Door of Main BR Sky Dish

0.0 mg 9:31 Children’s Bedroom 2

35.4. db. 22c 9:15 Main Bedroom N/A

40.0 db. 23c 9:22 Children’s Bedroom N/A

36.0 db. 21 c 9:30 Children’s Bedroom 2 N/A

LEGEND: Sound = DB / Temp = C / EMF = MG

The Investigation / Results Write up

When project-reveal arrived on location lee and simon setup ready for the interview, while the others got the above base readings, while in mid interview strange happenings started to happen, to the left of the camera is some food with clingfilm wrapped around it.

While simon was talking to Nicole the clingfilm made a noise, Lee Steer who was behind the camera watched the filming shrivel, which I thought was abit strange after working in the pub trade many yeays and he has never witnessed anything like that due to the temperatures of the clingfilm or food.

The interview carried on, and suddenly the camera changed colour to like a dark red film… lee had to shout simon to hold the interview so he could fix the issue, on what he has never seen before, However it must be a camera glitch.

The interview carried on for like 10 - 15 mins longer and the client suddenly started to feel sick, and ill, so we turned off the camera,

After the interview and base readings, Project-reveal split up into 2 groups to investigate the house, all equipped with an EMF meter, Dictaphone, flash camera, and a camcorder, they took it in turns to investigate each and every room by doing evp sessions, EMF sessions, séances, and other activities..

After a few hours the groups changed locations and did the same again, to see more on what happened with the groups investigations please watch our videos for more info. Meanwhile after another few hours the groups joined back up for a big séance downstairs.

Everyone joined hands was all asking for anything paranormal to happen. Lee S, was to the right of the camcorder with a CCTV camera. And noticed a noise what sounded like someone knocking the camcorder, Lee shouted “did anyone just move the camcorder” Lee M, shouts no, there was no one around the camcorder..

Looking back on film Lee M informed me that the camcorders actually does move.. Nothing else significant happened on the night, intill the review of evidence came upon us which Lee M, reviewed the Camcorder footage and noticed 1. The camera shake, 2. Some orbs, 3. A shadow what moves past the door behind everyone!

Nick who does EVP noticed something interesting as well.. There was a voice captured which wasn’t any of ours..

It is unknown what the voice actually says some could only guess. Why don’t you take a look at our Results video and see for you self?

Overall This was a good Investigation.

[URL="

"]
[/url]

You use a Dictaphone? i use my finger like everyone else.

You use a Dictaphone? i use my finger like everyone else.

I got deleted for that joke on another thread - there is no justice!