Book inspired MASS FLASH MOB, this Saturday in Sheffield City Centre :)

Posted on behalf of Sheffield performance poet, Matt Black...

Please spread the word and send this on as you like.....

Huge flash mob event this Saturday 9th oct at 1pm sharp outside Sheffield Town Hall as part of the OFF THE SHELF LITERATURE FESTIVAL - please help us spread the word for folk to come and join us by letting people know via twitter, facebook, email, homing pigeon, snail mail, telepathy or however else!

All ages and folk welcome, just bring a book! :D

Instructions here: http://www.cubeweb.org.uk/Weare.pdf

Matt (Black) x

don't think so. He runs Signposts writers development project and is in his 50s. You never know with matt though! :)

Good idea and will look good if everyone obeys the orders, can't say the poem is particularly inspiring though.

I'd love to do this but the chances of me getting my two young children to remain even partly still are slim. How much do you think it matters?...

Flashmobs are a bit old hat now.

And isn't the point of them that nobody knows it's going to happen?

Posting it on here you will just have loads of people standing waiting to watch it. Sort of misses the point.

Still, whatever floats your canoe.

How did it go?

I have always wanted to take part in a flash mob so I took the kids along. I sat them on one of those big planters and got them to read their books while I took pictures. It wasn't the most spectacular flash mob - not like the Sheffield stood still one. But it was still quite exciting! I heard lots of passers by saying 'what's going on?'. There must have been about 100 participants and quite a few took up really good poses.