New Republic?

Just got back in from a night at Republic now it's been redone (yes I am back before the end and there's good reason!). Republic? More like Prepubic! It's full of kids!

It's definately an improvement interior to previous incarnations, but tonight (Friday night) I would say the average age was 16! I am 24 and me and my mates felt old in there. Sorry to sound like a moaning old git, but when you have kids strutting around it's a let down. I admit I saw a few turned away due to their age, but they looked really young.

To make it worse, when in the toilets I found 3 people snorting away like mad! I accept this can happen anywhere, but between the under age and the snorting this place is no longer for me.

We need a new fresh club in Sheffield, something a little different with a bit of class.

I remember when the republic reopened, it was a shirt and shoes job only, now a few months on we are back to trainers and t-shirts which is nice and casual again. If it wasn't for the young kids it would be an excellent club.

For layout and interior, 10/10

For kids getting in, 0/10 (sorry, but it's a kindergarten in there)

Anyone else notice this? Or more to the point, anyone under 18 here that goes there every weekend?

Republic, you have the great premises, the history, be the club you once were. Get a little stricter on the doors, check for ID more often and definately get a sniffer dog at the front, they cost little compared to how affective they are at reducing drugs in your club. Down south they have many sniffers on the door!

But that's the market they are after now - if you check out there last poster campaign it was written all over it...townies this way please - cashier number 3 please...