Fitting upvc windows

Hi,

does anyone have any experience of fitting there own UPVC windows, have got them all made to measure, was going to fit them with my girlfriends dad (who has done it before) but he's busy with his own DIY projects, so thought i would fit them myself with the help of my dad, but just wondered how hard it was? :huh:

its not hard, the hardest part will be putting in the glazing beads.

Thanks everyone for the replies so it is easy then?

make sure you have a fensa certificate, as when you sell your house you will need it

You'll have to apply for building regs from the council, our certificate was around £90 I think.

Edited by Nickscape

Hi,

I plan on a DIY approach too.

This is from the FENSA site...

When selling your property, your purchaser's solicitors will ask for evidence that any replacement glazing installed since April 2002 complies with the Building Regulations. There are currently two ways to prove compliance:-

* a certificate showing that the work has been done by an installer who is registered with FENSA or a similar body

* a certificate from the Local Authority Building Control stating that the installation has been approved under the Building Regulations.

So FENSA isn't relevant to a DIY'er and shouldn't be confused with notifying and then applying for a certificate of compliance from Local Authority Building Control (the straightforward route Nickscape suggests at £90 or so).

The most important thing is to fully comply with the building regs. Should be a good bedtime read!

Best of luck Chris1983