Problem neighbours

Sorry but the guy is a bully and unless you stand up to him hes just going to walk all over you ,You know any big lads who could have a word ? other than that just whisper in his ear that you do know some people and if he doesnt stop feckin you about they will be making a call ,if he calls your bluff and clips you ,you`ll have him for assault

Im not letting him walk all over me, i do stand my ground (to a limit) but he moves stuff and dose things while no-one is about. I cant see him been bothered if i say i know people, hes not a nice man at all. his wife is okay and you can talk to her but feels the need to play alpha male telling us how he used to be a bouncer so he takes no messing about and how he once put petrol in someone's letter box (that puts me off saying things to him)

The use of any land requires the permission of the land occupier. If there is only one land occupier, they automatically give themselves permission. In the case of a shared path, the occupier is each and every occupier who shares that path, and permission is needed from absolutely all and every one of them. One occupier cannot decide that they have exclusive use of it. It's exactly the same as half a couple deciding to sell a jointly-owned house. They can't, because it's not theirs (one person) to control, it controlled by all the interested parties (or sometimes more than 50%).

I thought so and i would never agree to letting him keep his bin where my children play.

If his bin is on his property but when he opens the lid it lands on your fence then I don't think you can can do a great deal. You need to ask yourself if the bloke was not such a **** and you got on with them would it actually bother you? Walk away, you're just going to wind yourself up over nothing. He is not walking over you, it should not really be an issue. He is a ****, leave him to it, if you want to play his games then put your bin in the same place on your side but this is the sort of petty dispute that can take over peoples lives and it's just not worth it.

If his bin is on his property but when he opens the lid it lands on your fence then I don't think you can can do a great deal. You need to ask yourself if the bloke was not such a **** and you got on with them would it actually bother you? Walk away, you're just going to wind yourself up over nothing. He is not walking over you, it should not really be an issue. He is a ****, leave him to it, if you want to play his games then put your bin in the same place on your side but this is the sort of petty dispute that can take over peoples lives and it's just not worth it.

Fully agree, he obviously knows how jarring his actions are becoming to you, don't let the bas----d grind you down, rise above it.

Failing that contact the producer of Neighbours from hell, expose the dullard to the nation

its not on his property, its on a shared path connecting both gardens (we have a passage way between houses) im thinking more for hygiene reasons as both my children and his play up and down the path. i also dont want him to brake my fence as he really banged the lid on it.

Edited by rachelV

Sorry but the guy is a bully and unless you stand up to him hes just going to walk all over you ,You know any big lads who could have a word ? other than that just whisper in his ear that you do know some people and if he doesnt stop feckin you about they will be making a call ,if he calls your bluff and clips you ,you`ll have him for assault

Or if he calls the police to report threatening behaviour, the OP is going to have a criminal record. And may well get evicted.

i live in a terraced house and have awful neighbours both sides so i do feel for you, but you are saying you dont want his bin on comunal ground because your children play there and he hasnt ok'd it with you, have you spoke to him about your kids playing there?? They might get to him just as much and maybe why he is putting his bin there to stop them?? Only a thought but as far as the bin is concerned it seems really petty and id just ignore it

i live in a terraced house and have awful neighbours both sides so i do feel for you, but you are saying you dont want his bin on comunal ground because your children play there and he hasnt ok'd it with you, have you spoke to him about your kids playing there?? They might get to him just as much and maybe why he is putting his bin there to stop them?? Only a thought but as far as the bin is concerned it seems really petty and id just ignore it

hes fine with my children playing there his do too, its him just been a pain in the arse i get that but the way he bangs the bin lid up on the fence i dont want it braking.

cant u just ask him to turn it round so the lid isnt against the fence but it would still be in the same place. We use the comunal path for bins and so did my mums old neighbours and it was fine by everyone. If there is more than 2 of you that share the ground then speak to the others and see how they feel about him using it if they dont like it to you all need to sort it out together