Kevin Davies gets England call up

Your opinion, strange though that so many England managers believed he should be.

Totally different era.

I agree with both Statements, Heskey has been a very good player for England. Just because he doesn't score goals doesn't make him a bad player he brings a hell of a lot to the team. You still do get Keepers in the squad that play for average teams like Banks did.

Davies deserves his chance. My question to Crookesy was who would you have liked to see Capello bring in to that role as a holding striker if you want him to blood the kids? Personally i cant think of any kids he good blood in this instance.

This is another reason Capello should have been replaced, he's totally out of touch when it comes to International level. Emile Heskey refusers to come out of retirement so he opts for Davies, why not give Andy Carroll a chance?

I agree with both Statements, Heskey has been a very good player for England. Just because he doesn't score goals doesn't make him a bad player he brings a hell of a lot to the team. You still do get Keepers in the squad that play for average teams like Banks did.

Davies deserves his chance. My question to Crookesy was who would you have liked to see Capello bring in to that role as a holding striker if you want him to blood the kids? Personally i cant think of any kids he good blood in this instance.

I can Andy Carroll

should have come earlier in my opinion england needs a kevin davies and darren bent upfront good partnership

I can Andy Carroll

Hes not you big brusier of a centre forward who will knock defenders around hes more like a Peter Crouch i agree though that he should be worth looking at when hes played more than a handful of games in the Premiership. He wasn't in the Newcastle side at the weekend.

Hes not you big brusier of a centre forward who will knock defenders around hes more like a Peter Crouch i agree though that he should be worth looking at when hes played more than a handful of games in the Premiership. He wasn't in the Newcastle side at the weekend.

he could well be in the nick soon !!!!!

Welbeck/Sturridge subject to availability.

Hang on Robbie, on one hand you are arguing on behalf of a player who plays for an unfashionable club to get his England chance. However on the other hand you imply that the self same thing that you advocate is of another era.

Which is it to be?

Come on crookesy, even you can grasp what I said, football these days are totally different to what they were 20 years ago, never mind 40 years since.

But you're also comparing 2 totally different players too. One was a top class keeper, the other is a very good striker.

My point is relevant in that, had KD played for a more fashionable team, he would have probably been given a better opportunity

Welbeck/Sturridge subject to availability.

As holding strikers?

Come on crookesy, even you can grasp what I said, football these days are totally different to what they were 20 years ago, never mind 40 years since.

But you're also comparing 2 totally different players too. One was a top class keeper, the other is a very good striker.

My point is relevant in that, had KD played for a more fashionable team, he would have probably been given a better opportunity

As holding strikers?

KD goals to games ratio is worst than heskeys

KD 0.19 goals per game

EH 0.22 goals per game

he used to live on Redmires Road, is he still there?

no he moved to just outside bolton

As holding strikers?

What's the 'even you' about clever cloggs? Might I ask what you know about footballers of 40 years ago? I've not seen many modern day players that are fit to clean the boots of a lot of 60's and 70's players, and that includes Tony Currie.

By the way, KD is a thug, probably why no fashionable clubs have come in for him.

Last week Warnock said "Davies should be in the England squad".

I think he would be a liability in the England team becuase he is a dirty player.